Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Don't Forget To Vote Today

September 1, 2020

Good morning.  Tis a new month now, September.  This year is moving right along.  From here in, keep an eye on it because it is going to fly by.  Here's the September page from my calendar.


Today is voting day, and I'm going to go vote this afternoon with one of the dwarfs.   I'm not sure why we have two voting days.  We'll be going back to the polls in two months.  We could just as easily take care of all our voting on the same day. (let all the candidates go forth to the November ballot)  Ah, but that would probably make more work for the people who are in charge of the counting.  

Yesterday I promised to show you my new pattern book.  The afghan on the front cover is the main reason I bought the pattern book.  

Inside, there is also this new pattern.  I find it quite interesting, although I'm not crazy about the edging.

Sighhhhhhh......So many beautiful patterns, so little time.  

Well, I've collected most all the photos that I need for my new calendar.  Now I just have to decide if I want a regular calendar (of my photos) or a Pogo calendar.  Surely, I must have enough photos of that handsome little guy by now to fill a calendar.  All suggestions gladly accepted.

Next week, my first Holiday box will go in the mail.  After that, I hope it won't be long before the rest of them are ready.  First, though, I have some serious shopping to tend to.  I am missing the fun of actually shopping in person in the stores.  However, I am so very thankful to be able to shop via the internet.

One of these days, I need to get to the eyeglass store and order some new glasses.  I keep putting it off and the next thing you know, another year has gone by and I still don't have any new glasses.  I'll probably need to visit the eye doctor again first.  It's been about two years since my last visit.

While I'm busy fixing me, I think I should also make an appointment at a salon and have my hair cut again.  It's easier to take care of when it is short.  I prefer the longer hair, but it gets harder to brush it.

Well, that's it for my news today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  (and don't forget to vote!)

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Dee Jaynes said...

Hi mom- today is the preliminary voting day - it decides the candidates that go head to head in November. Love you

smiekeltje said...

To vote is an important thing. It took a long time and lots of determination to be able to vote now, so we should all be happy that we can vote!

That afghan on the front looks real nice, I also like the other one, looks to be however a pattern, that asks a lot of yarn. And you can always make another kind of edge around it.

What about the calendar now. It should be fun to have a whole Pogo calendar, but you also could do a Pogo photo every 3rd month and for the other months you take one of your nature photos. (then we still have more of Pogo LOL).

I am glad we still can do rather easy the physical shopping, so go to a store and look around, and I will try to do so as long as my body allows me to. But shopping on line can be practical too(although I am not doing that yet, but thinking about starting it ).

Not so great weather today, cloudy and a bit chilly. Tomorrow we will have more sun, hoorray!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What beautiful afghans, I love the patterns !
Yes, voting....we've taken care of ours last month :)
Your ticking off your list it sounds like....good on ya :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Theresa said...

I vote. I voted earlier this year by absentee ballot but I think I am going to the Polls in November. Just feels good to wait in line and cast my ballot. LOVE that afghan pattern on the magazine. I sure wish I could make one of those! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

I like that new afghan pattern! I need new glasses too, and like you, I keep putting it off. I can still see, so I guess that's the important thing! LOL