Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Life Is So Short, Enjoy It.

September 8, 2020

Good morning.  My phone app says that today will be sunny with temps in the eighties.  Awesome!  Oh wow, Pogo's doctor's office just called me back.  I spoke with someone there last Friday early afternoon.  Someone was going to call me back.  I did not hear from them so I ordered some stuff online for Pogo's ears.  

The office manager just called and we had a nice chat.  Due to Covid 19, folks cannot go into the office with their pets.  They will be taken inside by a staff member, and the owner waits outside in their car.  I cannot do this with Pogo.  I just cannot let someone walk off with him without me being there too.  If they touch his neck or throat area the wrong way, I could lose my little dog.  It happened before and I'm not letting it happen again.  

After talking with the manager, he said that I would be allowed inside the office with Pogo.  Of course, I would have to be wearing my mask, etc.  This I understand, and I appreciate his understanding my concerns.  Pogo has an appointment for this Friday at 1:30.  

Today I want to share a favorite photo.  As I said before, Deanne sent me lots of photos and some videos that she took of Aurora and Xander feeding the water birds at the park on Sunday.  This particular photo just happens to be my favorite one.  There's just something beautiful about it.  The children love the water birds, and Aurora just seems to be so comfortable and at ease with them.

One of these days, I'll have to do something about getting new eyeglasses.  Mine are getting so old and fragile.  They seem to get dirty so easily.  Every tiny speck of whatever is in the air sticks to the lenses.  I'm just a procrastinator.  Today I'm too busy and tomorrow seems to be the same.  

My friend Rhoda's hubby (our main Santa Claus) passed away several months ago.  I talked with her a couple times right after that, and I haven't been able to reach her by phone since.  Her phone keeps saying that it is not in order.  So, I've been thinking that maybe she got a new phone and phone number.  

A couple days ago, I finally decided to look her up online.  This proved to be so very sad.  I found that she passed away in late July.  Rhode was 84, and such a beautiful person.  My friend, I miss you.

Folks, tomorrow is not guaranteed.  Today is a gift.  Enjoy your family and friends and let them know that you love them.  I know I would be lost without my family and friends, and especially all of you here in Blogland.  

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What a terrific man that manager! Understanding the need for you to be with Pogo all the way! Applause for him!

Oh gosh, you are about the same as me, concerning new eye glasses LOL! I am promising myself already months that I go for new ones(which is really necessary). But there is always something that comes in between that plan.

So sorry to hear about your friend Rhonda. I know you talked about her and her husband several times during the years and yes, of course you will miss her. Sadly we are in the age that we see people pass away around us.

Now I am going to do some internet surfing, I think.
Have a wonderful day and please stay safe!
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Edna, I am so sorry about your friend passing. You are right, life is short and we just never know what will come our way. Your little one is adorable and I know you would love to have more time with her too. I am praying we all can be with our loved ones this time next year. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! So sorry about your friend. Things can happen so suddenly. You're right -- there are no guarantees.

I hope Pogo's vet appointment goes well! Our vet does the same thing -- the owners wait outside while the animal gets examined. It was nice of them to make an exception for you and Pogo.

That IS a great picture of Aurora with the birds.

Theresa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend:( It is so true that tomorrow isn't promised. I love the picture of Aurora (beautiful name) and the water birds. Such a sweet picture. Enjoy your day dear friend, happy that you will be able to go in with Pogo. People make exceptions to the rules thankfully. HUGS!

Chris Allport said...

Hi there Miss Edna. I sent you a message on Facebook.

Luv Chris Allport

Buttercup said...

I hope all goes well with Pogo's appointment. Thanks for the reminder to make an appointment for my new glasses. I haven't felt good going in this year, but I think I'm ready. Whatever I choose will have to look good with a mask. Take care!