Sunday, September 27, 2020

I'm Loving This Indian Summer Weather

 September 27, 2020

Good morning.  Today is another gorgeous day here in New England.  Lots of sunshine and temps reaching up to eighty degrees.  Pogo and I will be headed out to the porch shortly.  It's so nice to be able to sit out there and enjoy this wonderful Indian Summer weather.  

Today I thought I would brag about a couple of the awesome guys in our family.  As for grandson Kevin, his baseball team (Tigers) won the championship this year.  That makes two years in a row.  Way to go, guys!  Kevin is that handsome fellow standing smack dab in the middle.  

Then we have grandson Shane who is now a Firefighter in the Matlacha/Pine Island Fire Control District (Florida).   Congratulations Shane.  You can't really see his face very well so I've also posted a close up photo of him with his dog.


Today I need to put labels on a couple packages to get them ready to go to the Post Office this week.  After that, I need to start on my Holiday boxes.  I'd like to have them ready for mailing no later than mid November.  That means I'd best get crackin' on that navy afghan.  It will need to be mailed.  

A couple dresses that I had ordered for myself came in the mail so I'll need to be trying them on today.  If they fit, I'll wash and dry them so that I can start wearing them.  Of course, once the cold weather is here to stay, the dresses get put away till next Spring.  

Now I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee and get ready to sit out on the porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Congratulations to Kevin and to Shane!
(and what a beautiful dog Shane has).

Yes, soon it will be time to pack the holiday boxes.
And I also want to get them in the mail really sooner than usual.
Could be a good idea to start with next week and/or the week after.

So nice for you that you still have Indian Summer weather, lovely enough to sit on the porch.

Hope your dresses all fit(saves the energy for sending them back LOL).

Have a fantastic day,
Hugs
Kyra

Sue said...

Congratulations to Kevin and his team, my dh was a baseball coach for 12 yrs, and won many championships!
Congratulations to Shane for his service as a firefighter, please thank him from me for his service, both are very handsome too!
Enjoy the nice weather and special time with Pogo.
Blessings,
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, I am not appreciating this bout of warmer weather as much as yourself. I had readied all the summer wear for packing away and was looking forward to wearing the long sleeve tops and jeans (sigh). But a few pairs of shorts and short sleeve tops have been taken out and being work this week when we go on our walk abouts. Congrats to your two grandsons and my husband is a retired NJ firefighter so I know how vital a role they have in the community. Nice to see Shane unmasked with his dog. Hope the new dresses are a good fit as I can never order clothes online and now dressing rooms in stores are closed due to covid concerns.

Susie said...

We had some great weather, but could not sit out for those bugs biting. Today was warmer. Tomorrow it will rain and then be chilly for a few days. Your grandson's winning two years in a row is wonderful, congrats. Shane should be very proud. I wish him great success. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Steve Reed said...

I love the expression on that dog's face! LOL

Matlacha and Pine Island is a beautiful area. Lucky Shane!