Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Is TV On Its Way Out?

September 29, 2020

Good morning.  A few more clouds today, but temps still in the seventies.  I'm loving it.  It's still a bit humid though.  And we're running out of this month.  Just one more day till we begin another new month.

The rest of this year is going to slip by really quick.  I can just feel it.  And the faster I know that I need to go, the slower the body goes.  These should be called my turtle years.  I never would have thought it, but it does seem to fit.  Ah well, at least turtles are nice.

Today I thought I'd share a photo of some of my trees.  The one in the middle is the Imperial tree.  In the Spring it has purple flowers and in the Fall it is covered with nuts.  The tree on the right is one of the huge Maples at the end of the driveway.  

As you can see, there's touches of yellow beginning to creep into my trees.  Soon, those Maples out front will be blazing a beautiful golden yellow color.  I also have another of Audrey's photos to share.  This one is a beautiful little fawn that she saw while she was in the mountains recently.  Isn't he just darling?  Thank you, Audrey, for sharing this with us.

Has anyone noticed how the TV commercials are changing?  Some are like mini movies about whatever cause is being sued for whatever.  Others are getting downright offensive.  The other night, I watched an ad for phone sex.  That's right.  You heard me.  Phone sex!  TV is really beginning to go down the tubes in a big  hurry!

On that note, I'm going to take my coffee and go sit on the porch.  I'll take the navy afghan too and work on it for a while.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hate commercials and it's why I don't watch much tv at all. I try to ignore them when I do but it's hard. We mute them at least. I've never heard of the Imperial tree but it sounds grand. I think I'll google search it! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs, Diane

Susie said...

Edna, Recently we heard where Lucy and Ricky could not say pregnant on TV in the 50's...now they actually name the body parts involved in getting pregnant. Yes, a whole new world. I kind of like the mystery of things...do not have to see it all. Stay safe there. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

My Tata's Cottage said...

TV commercials are the worst. At least in the car you can turn off the radio quickly. Plus I notice they are so long. We watch Wheel of Fortune. Last night I swear the commercial was 8 minutes long. I time them. That is called, boy am I bored! HaHaHa!
Love that fawn and your trees are gorgeous. I see they are starting to change little by little.
It is 80 today but it was in the 50's and 60's all weekend. I hung my good jeans out to dry on the clothesline.
I hope you have a great week. I Love the turtle reference. I am never in a hurry anymore. HUGS and LOVE

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,
That's the one thing I miss living on the coast of South Carolina. We don't get the beautiful fall color of the trees here. Yours are beautiful! That little doe is so precious! As for TV, I stopped watching much TV about 2 years ago. I watch in the morning when I get up for the weather and once in a while I'll put on an old classic movie on Turner Classic Movies. I like movies from the silent ones up to about 1953...I read, crochet and learn stuff on YouTube. I'm not shocked at the commercial you saw, that's what our society has become. Hope you have a nice evening and yes! Turtles are nice not to mention cute too!😊❤

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I agree Ms Edna, the TV has most definitely gone down the tube. My choice is to watch PBS commercial free, or lately to stream programs on a smart tv. What a sweet picture of the fawn, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Jo

smiekeltje said...

We have tv commercials too and some of them are sooo stupid or may be a bit offensive, I don't like commercials, especially not when they interfere with a good film or so. Then every 15 minuter=s there are about 5-7 minutes commercials and then the film goes on again for about 15 minutes etc.
Very frustrating. Therefore we register a lot, then we can skip quickly the commercials LOL.

Yes, soon it will be a splash of color from your trees! Only a pity that that announces a much colder season, yak!

What a beautiful photo Audrey made of that fawn!

Just gor our flushot, so that's done too!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, this is something that has been happening steadily for years, the decline of TV, and why it’s not on my watch list. So, you are not alone in this observation. Sadly, I recall how many good shows there were to watch growing up which are non existent now, especially variety shows. I am sure you recall those too.

Beth Reed said...

I am so lucky not to watch the commercials on tv but yep they have been offending for a while now. I was offended by an ad in a magazine the other day by soliciting adult toys and I don't mean the good kind either.
I just loved the little deer. He reminded me of our little Bambi when I was a teenager. He had the run of the house (Not Kidding) and we loved him whiskers and all. xoxoxxoxoxo to you and Pogo!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

hearing about the commercials now on TV does make me glad for streaming services, Edna. Programs are much shorter with NO commercials!