Thursday, September 17, 2020

It's Been Quite A Busy Day

 September 17, 2020

Good afternoon.  Yup, the morning has already gone by.  I've been busy here.  It's a long story, but I'll try to shorten it.  The new tenants moved in yesterday afternoon.  This morning I had them move back out.

They were very disruptive to everyone last evening, and a friend of theirs was spending the night sleeping in their car (in my driveway) because he was homeless.  The new male tenant spent the whole evening quite drunk.  He said he was celebrating.  At one point he fell down.  Nope, nope, we don't need this here.

This morning when I confronted the new guy, he said he didn't know what he had done wrong, but he would move out right away.  When he was being interviewed before he moved in, I had told him that I don't tolerate alcohol and drug abuse here.  He did not think that getting drunk and disorderly was alcohol abuse.  Aye yi yi!

I'm all for giving folks a chance, but I was not born under a rock and I'm not stupid.  I don't like being taken advantage of either.  If someone can't be honest and trustworthy, I'd rather not have them here.  

What a way to start the day!  Next I need to call the medical lab to find out why they haven't called me to make an appointment for my bloodwork.  This is the second time in two months they've been asked to call me and I have yet to hear from them.  

How about some fun, light stuff?  Today I have old photos of my parents.  These were taken in December, 1981.  My hubby, Michael, had taken Charlie (his puppet) over to my folks' home for a visit.  My folks loved Charlie and had a wonderful time playing with him.

I have another old photo to share.  This one is me holding my beloved Gizmo, and was taken sometime in the  late nineties.  

The mail has come, so I need to go outside and get it.  Plus, Pogo is sitting here, just staring at me.  I think he's looking for something to eat.  What else is new?  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Terra said...

Gizmo is a cutie. That is a hassle about your tenants, you would think they would be on their best behavior at first. Well maybe they were!

Steve Reed said...

Oh, Lord, that sounds like way too much excitement! I don't blame you for asking them to move out. Like Terra says, maybe things would only have gotten worse over time!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sure glad you were able to get those new tenants out quickly and without much hassle, Edna. It's amazing how badly some people can act in someone else's home. Hopefully, you will find replacement tenants that are not disorderly and not have friends sleep in a car in your driveway. On a more positive note, thanks for sharing the throwback photos of your parents and you and Gizmo.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I forgot to say I love your plants! Those are so cute. I hope they grow for you :-) I understand about people not following the rules. Yes you need to be safe and take care of yourself and Pogo. Glad you were able to have them leave. Love your photos. I Love seeing photos. Makes me happy. Enjoy the new week and take care. HUGS across the miles XO XO O

Beth Reed said...

Oh Edna I love both pics of you and Gizmo. Those are great pictures of your mom and dad. You favor both parents. I love the huge smile on your mom's face.
I'm sorry that the tenants didn't work out but you were right to put them out and so very happy to hear that they didn't put up a fight. Terra is right to say that your experience with them may have been there best behavior.
I love the fact that Pogo looks at you for food. It wasn't that long ago he was barely eating and you had to practically get on your hands and knees and beg be him to eat. Well maybe I exaggerated a little bit but I know that you were stressed trying to find anything he would eat. I think that he's finally figured out that your going to always feed him. Have a wonderful day ❤️❤️❤️ xoxoxo 💞