Monday, September 21, 2020

Brrr! Nippy, Nippy!

September 21, 2020

Good morning.  And Brrrr!  I am so not ready for these cold temps.  This was the temperature at 9:15 this morning.  


 I did some checking on Google to see what the average temperatures are in Boston for the month of September.  Big difference this year!  This is a picture taken from my laptop screen.  It doesn't do pictures very well.  But you can see the difference in temps from the ones we've been having lately.

Daughter Audrey and Mac have been relaxing with friends in the mountains in Massanutten, Virginia these past few days.  Audrey was hoping that the trees would have already started changing colors there so that she could get some nice photos, but they are all still different shades of green.  However, she did manage to get a nice shot of one of their neighbors.

This is what I miss most about my working days.  Being able to walk outside and see the deer in the open field across the street every day.   These are such beautiful animals.

For now though, I'm loving my chipmunks and squirrels.  Pretty soon though, the chipmunks will be hibernating and the turkeys will be coming by for their meals.  It's just as well the deer don't come by here because they would be too close to the traffic.  

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Brrr, that's really not warm at all. We already have some rather cold nights(more in the east of the country than in our part) like something 0f 5-7C and our area around 10-12C.
Still you can notice Autumn is wanting it's part of the year.

Although you don;t see so much wildife at the moment, you still have some birds and those cheeky chipmunks and squirrels. And yes, the turkeys will come too again. Strange birds, but in their own way funny too.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Love the deer photo! I bet there's a way to take a screen shot on your computer -- on an Apple it's command-shift-3 (all held down at once). Windows apparently has several ways to do it:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-pc/

It could be clearer than taking a pic of your screen with a camera! (If you feel like experimenting. :) )

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The deer is very cute and I would love seeing a little chipmunk. I wonder if there are any in the woods here. We've cooled off some but not that much! Enjoy your day sweet lady!

LV said...

TOO COLD FOR ME. IT HAS GOTTEN COOLER, BUT NOT THIS LOW.

Susie said...

Edna, We have had below normal days for about 4 now. I love the fresh nip in the air...but honey, there's no way I want the heat on, do you? LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

LV said...

IT HAS GOTTEN COOLER, BUT NOT THIS COLD. I DO NOT LIKE COLD WEATHER.

Beth Reed said...

Oh that is really a big difference in temperatures. It is the same for us in Texas right now. It is 7:30pm and it is 70degrees but feels like 66. It is the cool breeze that makes it feel cooler than it really is and it is rainy so I wear my robe when I go out back to drink my coffee.

Oh it is wonderful that Audrey and Mac are able to visit friends in the mountains. How wonderful and the deer is so sweet and I love how his little legs are so gangly but I know that he can kick like a mule having a bad day lol.

Have a wonderful evening. I am having my procedure tomorrow so I am not sure what time I will be home. Much love to you and Pogo. xoxoxoxoxo

Anne M Robinson said...

You do have some cool weather. Hannah and Jake were in Maine and the leaves had not changed much. My friend Suzanne from Texas was visiting Colorado with her friend and phamily too. She lost the love of her life in January. This trip was on his bucket list. The leaves are changing and the Colorado mountains are alive with beautiful Autumn/Fall colors.
Always a pleasure to see you here Take care and enjoy a nice cozy week.

HUGS across the miles. XO XO