Thursday, September 24, 2020

Good News!

September 24, 2020

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be another gorgeous day here in my little part of New England.  Sunny with clouds and temps in the mid to upper seventies.  Oh my, I can dig it!  And for the next few days too!   

Not too long ago, I mentioned how a storm going through Pennsylvania toppled a tree over on to my cousin Anita's craft shed.  The shed and all its contents were destroyed.  Needless to say, she was  devastated.  Her hubby bought her a new shed, and she sent me this photo of her standing in the doorway of her new shed.  Awesome!

My other good news is also awesome.  For years, I've been wanting to see a photo of my maternal grandmother.  There didn't seem to be one anywhere.  All I knew about her is what my mother told me many years ago.  She was a beautiful woman who died young.  (In the early 1930's)

My grandmother's name was Edna, and another cousin and I were named after her.  Well, yesterday while I was talking on the phone with my cousin Anita, I mentioned wanting to find this photo.  She got all excited and told me that she had a photo and would send me a copy via Message on my phone.  

Can you imagine my surprise and joy?  I got the photo and tried to clean it up a bit in Photoshop.  (It looks like it may have been a copy of a very old photo.)  Either way, I'm thrilled to have a copy.  So, here is my beautiful Grandmother.  


The folks from the lab never came by yesterday, so I did not have any blood drawn.  When I called them, they said that they had decided that I was not housebound enough to qualify for the home service.  I wonder why they never called me to let me know of their decision.  I left a message with the doctor's office, and now I'll wait for them to call me.

Today Deanne will come by after work and take me to get my Flu shot.  Maybe I can pick up a few things while I'm there.  There are items from the Frozen department that are hard to order online because they are almost always out of stock.  

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading, and to pick out something to wear today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful photo of your Grandmother. I know you are so happy to have it and see her lovely face! Hope you're having a good day. Like I always say...if it's not one thing it's another! lol Hope you get your bloodwork done. Hugs!

smiekeltje said...

What awesome you have now a photo of your grandmother! By just talking about it with your cousin Anita, now you have a photo. Wonderful.

And what strange way of handling patients of the blood lab!
They know your age, and why they have to do the blood test, and certainly now in Covid time, it is better for you not to travel too much around! I am really puzzled with that(and with the fact, they didn;t call you about the decision!) Hope you doctor can do something about it.

Oh, Flu shot, well, better to have it done and of course great of Deanne to pick you up. We will have our shot next week.

Now time to do a little game and then have a nice tv evening, there is lots to watch this evening of interesting nature or entertaning.

Have a great day!
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

How exciting, to see that picture! I'm so glad your cousin had it! (And her new shed looks pretty amazing, too.)

Kathy said...

I am so glad you got a picture of your grandmother. I think you look like her a bit.

I can't understand why you weren't told that the people weren't coming to draw your blood. That is no way to do business. Hope it all gets straightened out.

Himawan Sant said...

I am very pleased that you have succeeded in obtaining a photo document of your grandmother.
She is beautiful.

We must have a family tree photo document so we know the history of our extended family.
Greetings from Indonesia.

Robyn said...

HI Edna,
Oh my goodness!! You and your grandmother look SO much alike! Wow!.. That must have been so amazing for you to finally get a photo of her.. I still can't believe how much the two of you look alike.. What a great photo!!

Theresa said...

Love the new shed! I know that she is happy to have that nice new place to do her crafts. Your Grandmother's picture is beautiful and what a blessing to have it. Sorry about the blood work, they should have called you and let you know. It is nice to get out of the house, sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!