Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Great Sleeping Nights Are Back

 September 16, 2020

Good morning.  Tis lovely today, and cool (er).  It's sunny with temps at 66F degrees, on the way up to 71F degrees.  Last night was cool and so wonderful for sleeping.  I got up once during the night.  After doing a couple word find puzzles and filling my Apple Cinnamon Cheerios snack bag, I went back to sleep.  

Pogo's been sleeping longer in the mornings lately too.  I guess even our fur babies are loving the nicer temps and no humidity.  I don't see any rain in our immediate forecast, so I wonder why the arthritis in my right hand is acting up.  Seventy degrees isn't cool enough for this.  Hmmm.

Yesterday I got some photos of the Sedum in the little garden not far from my porch.  It's really beautiful, and the butterflies love it.  


Other than these blooms, the other plants still flowering in my gardens are the Knock Out roses and the Rose Of Sharon bush.   Lavender, red and pink are the colors that I see when I'm sitting on the porch.  Simply beautiful.

Our kids are back to school, even though the classrooms are a bit different now.  Let's hope that all the parents and kids take this new schooling serious so that the kids can get a good education.  Randi sent me a new photo of my great grandchildren, Jack and Lilah in their new classrooms.  I know these kids take it all serious because they are both very smart.  Jack goes to a trade school, so he does his academic work online for two weeks and then two weeks on site.

Well, now that the cooler temps are here, I think I need to get serious about my crocheting.  I've been neglecting it a lot lately, but it's coming on crunch time now.  I've already started my holiday shopping online and a few items have already come in the mail.  

I need to make a new grocery shopping list too.  I thought I had a brand new jar of all natural peanut butter, but I can't find it.  It's a staple so I need to order a new jar.  I'll try to stock up on facial tissues too.  I use a lot of them this time of year.  

Now it's time for me to get busy around here.  We have two new dwarfs moving in later today.  A couple.  We've had a few empty rooms since last winter so it will be nice to have some new faces around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I envy you for your cooler weather. Florida is cooling off ever so slightly, but the weather you're having now is our winter.

And when it's cooler it's better weather for crochet. I loved quilting during snow storms, back in the day, when we lived in blizzard country.

Blessings to you!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna!..

It's cooling here a bit too but in the South that means it's going from 90s to 80's..LOL but this morning it was in the high sixties for a bit and much lower humidity and it felt good! I can not WAIT for the much colder weather to move in...MY RA acts up every time the weather changes or when rain is moving in. Right now I have a HUGE RA Nodule on my left hand gearing up to start swelling the size of a small golf ball. It's raining for the next three days with lower temps because of that hurricane hitting LA of which we are getting some outter bands here in South Carolina.. I have taken the plunge with my crocheting and have started making my first ever cardigan. If it comes out nice I will make some for Christmas gifts.I hope you had a wonderful day today!

Steve Reed said...

Your sedum looks much better than ours -- I was surprised that ours was even still alive!

Theresa said...

It's a little cooler here too and rainy. We will still have some hot days but not TOO hot:) I am welcoming the cooler weather. Love the "Back to School" pics. Our Kids these days will do good I am sure as they get back to the routine, they are smart and can do better than us oldies with change. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

It must be a lovely sight from the porch seeing those flowerings.
Butterflies do love Sedum, among other flowers of course. We even had a few butterflies this year in the garden. They have hard life in cities.

Great you sleep better at the moment and even greater Pogo sleeps longer(so YOU can sleep longer LOL).

Here the schools also started again, in different way, as much Covid proof as possible. It isn;t an easy time for anybody, old or young.

I should look into the Christmas present closet to see what I actually have LOL.
Today the company will come to do the final measuring for the windows. Will be around 5.00 a.m. so I slready made our dinner in advance, just have to warm it in the oven. Clever, hey???? ROFL.

Oh, how nice you r tennants will come today and ever so nice it is a couple. Are they young or a bit older?

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Anne M Robinson said...

Oh it is good to sleep in. I noticed Leo sleeps in too. He is getting older but the cooler nights makes us rest well. Praying for all kids to have great school years. Times are very unusual but education is still a good thing. I hope they all do well and stay healthy and happy. HUGS across the miles XO XO