Thursday, September 3, 2020

Happy Birthday Lilah.

 September 3, 2020

Good morning.  Today will be another day of rain on and off (light rain) and temps in the low eighties.  Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same.  According to my phone app anyway.

Today is my great granddaughter Lilah's thirteenth birthday.  Happy Birthday Sweetie.  I hope your day is filled with happiness and love.  Meema loves you very much.

Well, I did not get to that bag of junk mail yesterday.  I meant to.  Honest, I did.  But I got busy doing goodness knows what and I just never got back to the bag.  I'll try again today.  Although first I have a few things to do.  

Today I really need to do something about my time share condo.  As much as I have loved going there every year, I can't see me paying a lot of expensive maintenance fees if I won't be able to go back there again.  I can't travel alone anymore, so getting there and back home is quite a chore now.  I'll call the management office at the resort to see what arrangements can be made.

On a happier note, my granddaughter Randi sent me photos last evening of the kids with their new chickens.  Jack, Lilah and Alima built the chicken coop themselves from a kit, and now they are the proud owners of their very own chickens.  Great job, kids.  I'm so very proud of you.

Left to right, Top photo: Jack, coop & chckens, Alima, Lilah.  Bottom row: Alima, Lilah.

The new registration for my car came in yesterday's mail.  Now I'm legal for another two years.  Plus my new paint brushes came too.  I dug out my brushes the other day to start painting my rocks only to find that the brushes were no good.  So I ordered some new ones.   Now that the porch weather is here, maybe I can try painting the nativity rocks.  

Do you ever do something silly to cheer someone else up?  Well, today I did.  I mailed a Christmas card to my cousin Anita who really needs a lot of cheering up these days.  Between the storm damage to her crafts shed (lost everything) and her recent surgery, she's been really blue.  I think this particular card will cheer her up.

*******I'm back.  I took an hour or so to look for something that I was going to share here, but I think it's gone.  I could not find it.  Now I'll have to spend time today looking for that and a few other files.  Aye yi yi!  

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Those chickens are so cute. Great job by those kids building the coop themselves.

What a pity you cannot go anymore to the condo, you always loved your stay there, but yes, the traveling will be too much for you, So I hope there can be made a good arrangement for that. Indeed it has no sense to spend the maintenance fee if you cannot go there anymore.
But... with the money you save from the maintenance you could do lots of other wonderful things, isn't that true?

and don;t worry about the junkmail, there will come a day you do something about it LOL.

Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

Chickens! How fun! And think of all those fresh eggs. Your great-grands are cuties.

I hope you get everything on your condo straightened out. I'm sorry you can't go there alone anymore.

Hope you have a great day today.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a sweet little chicken coop...well done to your grandchildren !
Happy Birthday dear Lilah, may your special day be lovely :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice thing to do, Edna, in sending a Christmas card to your cousin, Anita, and hopefully it will brighten her day a bit. Sorry to read about her loss. as for the timeshare, you are right in deciding to see what can be done as no sense in spending money if you won't be traveling there in the future. Hopefully, something can be worked out. We also had an all-day rain on Wednesday here in Nashua and a cloudy overcast Thursday. Great job on that chicken coop by your granddaughter's daughters.

Steve Reed said...

Happy birthday to Lilah! Chickens sound like a fun project. We've talked about getting chickens here but I'm not sure Olga would tolerate them. (And I'm not sure we're allowed to have them in the city.)