Thursday, September 10, 2020

It's Flu Shot Time

 September 10, 2020

Good morning.  Tis a bit on the gray side today.  My phone app says temps will be in the seventies with rain on and off all day.  That would be nice because we could certainly use the rain.

Well, yesterday was a sort of shopping day.  I've been searching on the web for ideas to finish my Christmas shopping.  As soon as I finalize my list of ideas, I can begin the shopping for real.  Fun, fun, fun.

Deanne stopped by yesterday and brought me an iced coffee from McDonalds.  Yum!  My new credit card came and Deanne showed me how it works "contactless."  What a great idea.  I had no idea that the newer cards were like this.  Can you tell I haven't been out in a while?  hahaha.

It's Flu shot season.  I will have to make plans to get my shot soon.  I do not want to catch the flu.  And I definitely do not want to catch any colds.  I also want to get my hair cut.  The longer it gets, the harder it is for me to brush it.  Ah, the joys of getting old.

I borrowed this image from the web and just had to share it.  Gosh, according to this, I'm older than dirt!

Actually, those last few items, the 45 RPM records - I still have lots of them.  The S&H green stamps - I have some of those too.  The metal ice trays with lever - my trays look the same except there's no lever and they are white plastic.  

I found another fun T-shirt on the web too.  How true this is.  It must be fun designing these.  

I'm wondering how to figure out what size to make the photos that we post.  The old version of Blogger used to give us an idea - small, medium, large.  This new version does not say.  If someone has figured it out, please let me know?   Thanks.

Now I'm going to make a cup of coffee and enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

We also just got the letter from our doctor for the flushots(30th of September). We certainly will have them.

It's fun looking around(on the net or in real shops)for Christmas
presents. And quite a few times you get idea's and find something great or funny or useful.

Glad you have your new card. It feels always uneasy when you don;t have it at hand.

Deanne is such a lovely daughter for you, always coming along to see if you're okay, most of the times also bringing something yummie or nice. You could give her a big hug from me!

Big mile on my face reading the text on that t-shirt.

I did have my haircut, so it certainly is your time now too LOL!

Have a splendid day!
Hugs
Kyra

Martha said...

Whatever size you made them for this post fits perfectly with your layout. I can use larger one because I have my blog set to wide. Love the T shirt. I have one that says A woman cannot survive on books alone, she need alcohol (lots of alcohol) lol.

Beth Reed said...

Hi, I am typing this from my phone so please excuse any errors.
I am not sure if l am responding to the right post or not but I have spent some time reading posts that I have missed and I loved the pictures of the kids feeding the water birds. I just can't believe how big the kids are. I know how you feel all warm inside with the lovely comment of Aurora's smile like yours.
I just got my bank card the other day and I was intrigued by contactless. You will have to explain that to me. I have never heard about it.
Oh I loved the older than dirt. I had to smile at some of them, especially the wax bottles with the koolade because I was just telling Karyn on Labor day to go to the candy store and look for them because a part of her tooth broke off during the night before and she could use the wax to keep air out if she had to. It's getting hard to type so I will call you tomorrow. Hugs, Beth

Steve Reed said...

That's a funny "Older than Dirt" list, but I gotta say, some of those items were decades apart. I remember pop machines with glass bottles and candy cigarettes, and TV test patterns after sign-off, but I never had home milk delivery and never saw "Howdy Doody" in its glory days. They were before my time!

Theresa said...

I passed the "older than dirt" quiz:) I am also watching to see when the flu shot is available, no time for sickness around here. The older I get, the more it is necessary to steer clear of "sick"! Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!