Sunday, September 20, 2020

Tiny New Plants

 September 20, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cool!  Today is sunny with temps in the mid fifties all day.  A little cool feels good, but it's just too soon for me to have temps already this low.  Last night temps were in the forties.  This is just a wee bit too cool for me.  I know it's coming.  I'm just not ready for the cold.

I did not make it to WalMart for my flu shot yesterday.  I woke up feeling like I was coming down with a little cold.  It was most likely due to the quick drop in temperature.  But I got a lot of rest yesterday, just in case.  

Next Wednesday and Thursday are supposed to be nice and warm.  Someone from the lab is supposed to come out on Wednesday to take my blood.  I don't know what time, so I can't make any other plans for that day.  Deanne and I will go to WalMart on Thursday to get my shot.

My friend Beth sent me two beautiful little glass hanging planters, so I ordered some air plants from Amazon to put in them.  I forgot to order some colored sand to put in the planters, so I may have to do that today.  When they are finished and hung, I'll take photos.  Meanwhile, this is a photo of my little air plants.

I hope these grow for me because they are going to be really pretty.  They may also grow some new plants.  

Recently, I ordered my new Blog Book, and it arrived a few days ago.  I spent part of that afternoon reading through it and I have to say it was fun.  I think I'm up to thirty two books now.  Here's a photo of the covers to my newest book.  The lighting when I took the photo is what makes it appear to be dark.  It's really a white background.

Today is Kevin's last baseball game for this season.  If his team wins today, they get the championship.  This team has been playing really well and I'm rooting for them to win.  Go Kevin!  

Deanne and Eddie are going to Market Basket today to pick me up some groceries.  After that, whatever I don't have, I'll order online.  I'm hoping to make it to Ocean State Job Lot this week, so maybe I can pick up a few things there too.

Enough of my chit chat.  It's time now for me to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Lovely cover for the blogbook.

Pity you didn;t feel well enough to get the flu shot, but, as you say. next week you get another chance. Also good that instead of the shot you got a good rest.

Hope Kevin;s team will win the championship!

Those airplants are really cute and they seem to do rather well. It's also good for the air in the room they tell.

The pruning of your bushes is depending on the species. Some need to be done now other's early spring, and I confess, it is sometimes confusing LOL.

Have a lovely week, and hopefully with a bit higher temps.
Hug
Kyra

Susie said...

Glad you got your flu shot. It was 40 degrees here this morning. Cool at night and early...but right now it is sweet. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

My Tata's Cottage said...

We need our flu shots too. I can't do the pneumonia shot or shingles because of my shunt but I do ok with the flu shot. I hope you can your flu shot soon. The cooler weather comes quickly. We still have higher temps in the day. But the darkness comes early too. Always appreciate you stopping by and I enjoy visiting you too. Somedays it takes me a week to come back to comments. Life moves so fast. Have a blessed week and always love hearing about the grands. HUGS across the miles XO XO

Theresa said...

I hope the plants do well for you, they sure are pretty. I wish that I had started doing the blog books from the beginning. Too far in now to start I fear. Go Kevin, win that championship! Enjoy your day, snuggle up with Pogo and stay warm. HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

You've written a set of encyclopedias!

Love the air plants. We have some too -- they hang in the bathroom window and they require no care at all. They just live off the steam from the shower. They've even bloomed!