Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Time For Flu Shots

 September 15, 2020

Good morning.  Today will be sunny with temps in the low sixties.  Tonight, temps will fall to around fifty degrees.  Yup, the cooler temps are taking over.  Only one week till Autumn.  Here's hoping that we have a nice Indian Summer coming our way.

I'm getting a late start this morning.  (plus, I'm watching In The Heat Of The Night)  I put in a call to my doctor this morning, and I'm waiting now for a call back from him.  I'm half expecting him to tell me to find another doctor.  I told his receptionist how unhappy I am with him.  I imagine he's not so happy with me either now.  

Pogo's doctor called last evening to say that his blood work results came back, and he's doing just fine.  There is just one area that they are concerned about, and it requires a new blood test and another healthy ($) check.  I have to think about this before doing anything.  Don't get me wrong, I'll do whatever is best for Pogo, but I'm not going to put him through a lot of tests unless it is absolutely necessary.

It's Flu shot season again folks.  And if you're over fifty, or have respiratory issues you should ask the doctor or pharmacist if you need the super shot.  That's the one I get.  I'll have to talk to Deanne about me going to the clinic at WalMart to get my shot.  

This is a cute cartoon that I borrowed from the web.


Between the Flu and Covid 19, can you just picture all of us running around carrying spray bottles filled with Lysol and squirting folks who dare to get too close?  Oh gosh, that's just too much!  

And here's something that should give you lots of giggles.  


Ever wonder why on TV they show folks mowing their yards (wearing a mask), women vacuuming all the rooms in their house (wearing a mask), folks out running all by themselves with no one else around (wearing a mask), folks driving alone in their vehicles (wearing a mask), etc.?

If no one is around, why do these folks wear their masks?  Do you wear one when you are in your home or relaxing in your yard or driving alone in your car?  I don't.  I can't imagine you do either.  So why do the folks on TV do it?

While you figure that one out, I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till  tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Susie said...

Ted and I will get our flu shots a bit later. He can have one this year. Oh I truly understand about needless testing for all of us. I wear my mask in the car till I can sanitize my hands to remove it, then wash up as soon as we get in the house. You know we have all had to learn to not touch our faces...and that is not so simple as it sounds. LOL. Blessings, stay well, xoxo, Susie

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We usually get our flu shot around October the last week or near enough.
I'm one of the guilty ones, wearing my mask until I return home, and can wash my hands thoroughly, even though I do use the sanitizer once I get in my vehicle.
Today was my first dental visit/cleaning in the new COVID era, I have to admit I was a little scared, because this practice has already had one of the hygienist come down with the virus, and she was eight months pregnant, and gave birth to a premature baby when she was in a coma on a ventilator ....thankfully she is well again.
Keep yourself safe dear friend,
~Jo

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

The people I love are the ones who wear a mask to go out for a walk on their own, then when they meet a friend, take the mask off to have a chat.
Am I the only person in the world who sends his glasses flying across the room when I take my mask off? I really need some bigger ears.

smiekeltje said...

Hahaha, we don;t wear our mask when we are at home.
Even not if heidi comes along or so. if so, we have enough room to stay on distance. I underatnd they get your attention to not forget about Covid, but do it then with commercials with some sense.

Great news about Pogo, and i would indeed think it over if it is really necessary to have another blood test and health checkfor him. It all takes money and if they cannot say what they are really concerned about, well, perhaps it can wait.

I hope you will be able to find a new doctor who you like and in the area! It is sometimes difficult to enter as patient with doctors, they often have so many clients, that they just cannot cope more.
(at least, here it is at times the case)

Good, Now i will go to the kitchen to seeit the potatoes are done, then I can make a mash with lambs lettuce and fried onions and bacon in it.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Every once in a while I see people driving in a car, alone, wearing a mask, and I think, WHY?! But then I wonder if they're commercial drivers going to pick up a client or something like that. Maybe someone else will soon be in the car with them?

Dogmom Diva said...

Hello!, no, we don't wear our masks in the car or at home..i usually can't wait to rip it off!
Hubby got his fku shit at the VA yesterday, I will need to get mine at the drug store soon.
I really need to dig out my blog again!
Barb

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I really enjoyed this post Edna. You gave good advice about reminding people of a certain age to get their flu shot especially this year. I have always gone for one. They are free at most local retail pharmacies and even medical offices for seniors and some others. This year, I even persuaded my husband to get one as he usually does not, but this year it's even more critical. We recently were both tested (again) for COVID and happily are negative and plan to keep it that way.

No, we do not wear masks at home or in the car or while walking together outdoors with no one around. We DO wear them in all public spaces, including here in the mill apts, unless I am in the elevator totally alone or walking down back stairways, totally alone. I always carry one with me and use washable ones. I too am somewhat amused by people wearing them while driving and have seen all types of gloves being work in the stores, but I do not wear them except winter gloves in cold weather.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh it is tough with the fur babies, always something extra, well that is life in general. I know what excellent care he gets from you. I am glad his exam was well otherwise. I Keep hand sanitizer in my purse , in the car, everywhere. So I could not drive with a mask on with my glasses, and it seems dangerous to do . We wore masks when we visited the apple orchard due to the air and the fires all around us. The air is somewhat better although we noticed downtown Denver was hazy today when we came to and from Castle Rock. HUGS across the miles XO XO