Friday, September 18, 2020

Temps Are Dropping

September 18, 2020

 Good morning.  Today is sunny with "much lowered" temperatures.  It seems that for the next several days we will be enjoying (?) temps in the fifties with a few night temps in the forties.  Hmmm , that's quite a drop.

It's been a busy week but the weekend is almost here.  I borrowed this image from the web because some days I feel as though I'm that frazzled chicken.  We all have days and weeks like that once in a while.  Of course, the more I look at this chicken, it begins looking better and better to me.  I'm rather liking that "casual" look.  It's so me.

Today will be a busy day for me.  Deanne is going to take me to WalMart to get my Flu shot.  Who knows, maybe I'll even get to poke around for a bit.  It's been so long since I've been there, I wouldn't know where to look first.  I'm sure it would come back to me quickly though.

I ordered new canulas for my oxygen a couple days ago from Amazon, and they arrived in only one day.  You can't ask for better service than that.  This company has definitely made quite an impact on my life style.  You know, between WalMart and Amazon, I can take care of most all my shopping needs. 

Another favorite shopping place of mine is Ocean State Job Lot.  And, it just got better!  Starting next Thursday, (9/24) they will have a whole week of discounts for Seniors. (age 62 and older)  You just have to show the cashier at checkout your ID to get the discount.  Woo Hoo!  Tuesday and Thursday also have the early hour for Seniors.  (9:00 am to 10:00 am)

Now I have to get my clothes ready for my trip out, then I'll do some blog reading.  My favorite way to start my day.  So until Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I agree with you about Walmart and Amazon. They sure got me through shelter at home. And with not only fast delivery but also cheaper prices than my supermarket.

smiekeltje said...

I think something not so nice happened to that chicken, but I got a big smile on my face LOL.

Oh I hope you will have the opportunity to poke around in Wallmart for a little while. It will be a nice break of the day and even week.

The shopping for senios with discount sounds real good. And it is even at a rather decent time. A bit later would be even better, but okay, they try to do something nice for the seniors.
And as I understand you don;t have to go that early on other days of that discount week? Well, you should try to give it a try.

We have a little dip in temperature too, but soon it will go up again to real nice temperatures. The longer the better for me this type of weather.

Have a lovely day, stay safe!
Hugs
Kyra

LV said...

That is what I would call a "sick chicken".

Theresa said...

That chicken looks like me too:) The temps are cooler here too and it feels mighty fine:) I hope you enjoyed your trip to Walmart, I got my flu shot earlier this week and girl my arm is sore still! Have a blessed and beautiful weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Agreed, Edna, that chicken looks pretty well frazzled. It was very chilly here in Nashua last nite too as we were outdoors to watch a lit kayak parade. But it's my favorite time of year so the summer clothes are being stored away this week. We also like Job Lot and I already have a shopping list ready for the Senior Week discount. Hope you have a good shopping trip today and find all you are looking for as some items have been in short supply. I can't comment on Amazon and Walmart home deliveries as I have not been using them, but glad they have come through with things you need.

Anne Robinson said...

I love hearing you tell your stories. Amazon has a distribution center close to us so we get things quickly too. I am a Walmart shopper too. In fact we had to get a few items today before heading to Jayden's 9th birthday party. Sometime our King Soopers store has better deals and we get points for gas so paying $1.88 a gal or less is a great deal! :-) Hope you stay healthy and get your flu shot and stay warm in the cooler temps. HUGS across the miles XO XO