Monday, September 14, 2020

Thank You To All The Hard Working Amazon Workers

 September 14, 2020

Good morning.  Today is another gorgeous day like yesterday.  Clouds and sunshine, temps in the seventies.  The day is starting out pretty good.  I'm watching Judge Judy on TV.  It's really too bad that things in the "real" courts don't go the way they do on TV Court.  There's no monkey business, no big time lawyers.  The people themselves get to speak for themselves.  Plus it's entertaining as well as educational.

Deanne just texted me.  She's stopping by on her way home from work to bring me some chicken, broccoli Alfredo that she made.  Yum!  Yum!  Saturday afternoon she and some of her work mates got together to relax and enjoy themselves.  These are some of the hard working folks at Amazon who make sure that all your packages get sent on their way to you.  (That's Deanne on the left.)

So many of us rely on being able to order food and other necessary things from Amazon.  These ladies, and many others, have been working hard all through this Covid pandemic to keep our supplies coming.  They deserve our thanks and appreciation, and may God Bless them all.

Sleeping temps have been better lately, and some mornings I tend to take advantage of this and sleep in as late as Pogo will let me.  I had a few things to do this morning, so I started today's post later than I had planned.  First thing I had to do this morning was to order new curtains for one of the bedrooms in the house.  Later this afternoon, Joe will pick up some new window shades.  We may have a new tenant coming in later this week.

Now I'm going to take Pogo and sit out on the porch for a while.  I can take my little laptop out there with me and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

All people that worked hard throuhout this Covid crisis(and still do) deserve our gratitude and appreciation and sometimes even admiration.

It's good to hear you sometimes can sleep a bit longer and better at nights. A good night sleep can be so important.
I just watered the garden, may be the borders could do without it for a bit, but certainly not the pots and containers and this week no rain is expected so I thought I better treat my plants and bushes etc, while we will have two very warm days now.

Deanne has always some surprise for you, and often it is something real yummie. She is a wonderwoman!

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I love Deanne's shirt. So funny!

Dee Jaynes said...

Thanks Mom- I know you appreciate us. We’ve been working harder than usual because of Covid - and it’s around the clock. Amazon is open 24/7 just about. Love you <3

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I agree....thank you Amazon workers! I ordered some things this summer and it's been nice to get the packages. We are watching an old series, Larkrise to Candleford that I bought the DVDs. It sure is nice to have something good to watch in the evenings. We watch just one program to stretch them out. Hugs!

Theresa said...

I sure do thank those Amazon workers. I wouldn't have made it thru these times without them:) My Ring doorbell is constantly ringing and YEP, it's Amazon. Thank you to Deanne and all of the hard working folks that keep America supplied. Enjoy your day dear friend, no porch sitting for me today with all of the rain coming down. HUGS!

Anne M Robinson said...

Aw...cute photo! Nick worked at amazon for a year. It is a fast paced business and everything is done really well. THE USPS needs to take some pointers. HaHa. Hoping your week is going to be a wonderful one. HUGS across the miles. XO