Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Dipping Into The Photo Archives

September 23, 2020

Good morning.  This post will be a bit short because I'm waiting for a call from the Lab to tell me they are almost here.  They are coming to draw some blood.  Not my favorite stuff, bit I guess it needs to be done.

Years ago, I had a computer program (I don't remember the name of it) that I had lots of fun with.  It had  lot of different images with cutouts for someone's face.  You would insert a friend's or relative's photo behind the cutout and voila! 

I pulled these photos from my archives.  This first photo is my brother, the Great Wizard.  The second photo is my little dog Gizmo.  She was the famous guest speaker on a TV program.  I'm thinking that I made these pictures in the late nineties.  It was a lot of fun making them and then thinking up stories to go with them.



Today is sunny and temps are supposed to make it into the upper seventies.  Definitely porch weather!  So that's where Pogo and I are going in just a little while.  I'm taking my crocheting out there with me.  I just have to make the pom poms for the tie on the purple poncho and that project will be finished.   Plus, I've reached the half mark on the navy afghan.  I would like to have this project finished in the next two or three weeks.  

I need to get a box taped up and put a label on it so that it can be mailed out this week.  Actually, I should get two boxes mailed out.  I just keep procrastinating.  Ah well, as long as it gets done soon.

Now I'm going to make a cup of coffee and take myself out to the porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh, having a bloodtest done by drawing a bit of blood isnlt the worst of things. Also depends on how the person is putting in the needle. Someare fantastic with it and others do have some trouble with it at times.

Hope the result be be a good one, that's the most important.
I know how that is done, the procastinating LOL. But I too have to do a few things that cannot be delayed too long.

Nice you still can sit on the porch We today have a day that the weather is going to change. Already we've had some rain, temperature till now still not bad, but tomorrow will be much difference. Lower temperatures and of and on possibility of rainshowers. Brrr, I hope we will still get some time with temperature around 19C and some sun. The hope keeps us on our feet ROFL.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Your pictures are so fun. Your brother is a good wizard. Gizmo is really funny. Blessings, enjoy this weather. xoxo, Susie

Robyn said...

Hi Edna!
Those pictures are so funny!... I wish I could get someone to come to my house and draw my blood. I have to have mind done next month an it's quite a hike but, it's got to be done.... I hope you had a good day today!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Ha! Those are two amusing photos you've constructed there. I hope the blood-suckers were gentle with you.

Steve Reed said...

Gizmo on TV -- priceless!