Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy Labor Day

September 7, 2020

Good morning.  It's an absolutely gorgeous day today here in New England.  The weather has been great this whole weekend.  We are just two weeks away from the start of Autumn. (calendar wise)  

I've been busy working on my new calendar.  After much thought, I've decided to use photos of our family pets instead of flowers and critters.  I think it will be a nice change.  Next I have to work on my Christmas card.  I usually put it on my calendar somewhere.  

Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie took Aurora and Xander to the park to feed the water birds.  The little ones love this, as you can see from these photos that Deanne sent to me.  




Gosh, the baby swans have gotten so big.  (they are the ones with gray feathers and beaks)  They are such beautiful birds.  I miss seeing them up close like this.  Maybe next year Pogo and I will be able to get out more.  

Last evening, I did a bit of crocheting and managed to just about finish one of my projects.  There are just a few ends to weave in.  I can't take a photo yet because it is a gift.  Later, I'll share a photo.  Next, I have to finish up the purple poncho and the navy afghan.  Three of my great grandchildren will be getting an afghan for Christmas this year.  

Next year, I think I'll be working on a crocheted blanket for a wedding gift.  At least that's what I'm thinking right now.  Thank goodness I'll have a whole year to make it.  I'm rather slow on the very big projects.

Now I'm going to have a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Lovely that you have nice weather to enjoy.
Think it is a wonderful idea to do the calendar with your pets!!!
Should give a lot of smiles to the receivers od=f the calendars.

I just picked up a nice artivcle about feeding ducks and swans and such. I'll put the website here and if you are interested just copy it in your browser.
https://www.brinvale.com/blog/swan-and-duck-food--some-tips.html

It is always a nice to go to a lake or whatever to see the waterbirds and give them a bit of food, specially with kids.

Good for you you finished a project.Curious to see what fghan/blanket you have in mind for the wedding gift. Porbably you cannot put a photo of the idea on your blog, pity.

Have a fantastic day!
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Agreed Edna, that it’s been a lovely holiday weekend in New England. The weather was also beautiful here in NH and we spent part of the weekend outdoors sitting by our favorite river spot near the mill apts. hooe you find all the photos you want to include in your calendar.

Anne Robinson said...

We had 90 temps again the very same since June. But a brutal storm is suppose to hit us tonight. With snow! All I pray is that the moisture puts out all the fires we have had.
Love the park photos. The swans are so pretty. Our baby Rachel Lee is buried in a Catholic cemetery and there is a little bridge and the swans swim in there. It is so lovely. :-)
Glad you keep busy. Stay safe and healthy and be cool or warm whichever comes your way with the weather.
Happy Labor day to you.
HUGS across the miles xo

Kathy said...

So glad you had a great weekend. The weather was gorgeous here too. I love the pictures of the swans. I have never seen one up close like that.

I am working on some projects too, but nothing as large as a cover for a wedding. Can't wait to see your progress with that.

Theresa said...

The weather is nice here too but about to crank the humidity back up. Oh well, before long it will be cooler and less humid. The kids feeding the water birds makes my heart smile. Thanks for that:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Those swans ARE big!