Sunday, September 13, 2020

Fall Is Creeping In

 September 13, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cloudy outside but my phone app says the sun will be shining later on.  Temps today will be in the upper sixties to low seventies.  Fall is creeping in.

I've been sitting here watching a quilting program on TV.  Today they have been showing how to make the wheel blocks (round).  I don't quilt but it is very interesting.  Before that, they showed how to make an "I Spy" quilt.  The center of each block has a little square, each with a different printed fabric.  Years ago, you would give one of these quilts to a child and have him find all the different centers.  This would keep the child occupied for quite a while.  Hmmm, can you just see one of today's children doing this?

Today there is a marathon of "Unsolved Mysteries" on TV, so you know what I'm going to be watching.  Yesterday I made sure the bills were caught up so today I think I'll do some crocheting.  I thawed out some hamburg yesterday so I'll make a meat sauce and a pot of pasta later on.  Yum yum!

A while ago, I had ordered a couple new dresses but they haven't come yet.  So, I called the company and was told that they would be back in stock by the end of October and I would get my order in November.  I told them that I had wanted to be wearing the dresses now, not next November.  So I cancelled the order.  Boo Hoo.  I really wanted those dresses.  Now I'll have to look around for something else.

Friday, Deanne picked up Pogo and me and we took him to his doctor appointment.  They checked him all over, took some blood and said that he was looking really good.  He had gained two ounces since last summer.  Now he weighs 5 pounds 1 ounce.  Of course, the extra weight could have been from his harness and leash.  

Today I have a couple of Dover's coloring pages for you.  These are great for easing the stress that comes with being housebound for so long.  So, enjoy.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before starting this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Those quilts are so beautiful and I am almost in awe of persons who have the courage and patience to make them.

Oh, good news from Pogo! Was he very nervous during that visit or not so uch because you were there too?

Sometimes I watch on Science discovery the program How they make it and How they do it. Some subjects are really very interesting. And often we have no idea how certains things are made.

Now a bit of a game and then watch some soccer, the League here in Holland started again(with all kind of restrictions due to Covid). I love to watch sport every now and then.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Martha said...

I'm going to print those now. I have totally lost my art mojo lately. Maybe coloring will give me a push. Thanks and happy Sunday :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Edna, the weather is very changeable here in NH as well. This morning it looked like an overcast day, but then the sun came out and it is pleasantly warm outdoors. We walked to the local farmer's market downtown and I found a jacket wasn't needed. Tonight it will get into the 50s and possibly 40s by mid week which is great sleeping weather. Glad to read that Pogo had a good checkup. Enjoy your marathon watching today.

Jan said...

I'm not at all ready for fall to creep in. I think my brain says it's boating season, almost Christmas, Christmas, almost boating. I'm pretty sure that's how I see things!

What a bummer about the dresses! Hope you find what you liked somewhere else!

Susie said...

Glad you got Pogo to the doc. Too bad about the dresses. I wonder why they never notified you. Take care. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

My Mama was a quilter and I have so many memories with the quilt frame set up in our living room:) I should think about those days more often, thanks for triggering that memory. I have had a few problems with orders lately, some just never get delivered. Oh well! Happy that Pogo got a good report! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

"Unsolved Mysteries" is a fun show! Dave and I watch that as well. I've never heard of an "I Spy" quilt. I imagine a modern kid would search for the centers as well, at least before they're of an age to play video games.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I wish I were a quilter. My friend in Arizona just finished a quilt for her dad made from her mom's favorite shirts. I saved many of Nick's running t shirts and really want to do a quilt for him. I also noted on one of your posts you recently received your latest blog book. I saw on one of your posts that you had a new blog book made. My goodness, I still want to do that. I think I Need to use more of my own photos. I tried to start one a few years ago and it seemed every other photo was unable to be duplicated. Aack! Anyway one of these days... Have a wonderful week. HUGS across the miles XO XO