Sunday, September 6, 2020

It's Been A Busy Weekend

September 6, 2020

Good morning.  The weather is simply gorgeous this Labor Day weekend.  Today is sunny with temps in the seventies.  It's a great day for families and friends to get together.  Just remember, masks and distancing will help to keep everyone safe.  Most places also have restrictions on how many people can gather in a group.

Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie came by, and brought their little grandchildren (my youngest greats) with them.  Gosh, the Aurora and Xander are growing so fast!  

My grandson Bobby (the kids' daddy) and Deanne both say that Aurora has my smile.  Wouldn't that be nice?  It makes my heart warm and happy.

While they were here, Eddie put a new handle on the front storm door.  That saved me from having to buy a brand new door.  Thank you so much, Eddie.  I appreciate everything you do for me.

Yesterday was quite the day for me.  In the morning, I decided to work on my new calendar.  I went looking for a photo that I wanted to use, and I could not find the file that it was in.  The whole file was missing.  That had me going off on a hunt for the file, and along the way I found some other things that needed looking at.  About two hours later, I found the missing file.  

I spent another hour gathering more photos for the calendar.  Then I decided that I needed to check my email.  Here, I found a coupon for a really nice discount on my next blog book.  However, that offer would run out tonight.  So, I decided to work on my new blog book instead of the calendar.

It took several tries to get my book set up the way I wanted, but after a while, I finally made it to the order page.  After applying the coupon, I saved almost fifty dollars.  Awesome sauce!  My books are "hard cover" and I always order the digital copy (for just in case).  

This book will make thirty two blog books so far.  There probably wouldn't be so many, but I've had all the comments included along with the posts and photos.  I do enjoy looking back through them every now and then.  I'm hoping my family enjoys them later.

Now I think I'll make myself a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

kyra said...

What a lovely visit you had! And you know what?? fter studying the photo with you and the two great grandchildren, I agree with Deanne, that Aurora's smile looks a lot like yours.

great job by Eddie again, the more while it saves you buying a brand new door.

Gosh, you spent a lot of time searching for the file(and looking at other things that came along LOL), but... you found the photo and that 's the important thing. And yes, good decision to work on your blogbook, it's a lot of savings, 50 dollars.

Well you had indeed a busy but well spent weekend.
I just finished washing up the dishes, it was done quickly, and now time to sit down with some knitting, later a cup of coffeee, a well deserved one, cause I worked in the garden and filled 3 large plastic sacs with garden stuff, some pruning stuff and also lots of needles from the big ceder from the neighbor.

Have a wonderful day,
Big hug,
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

32 books! Wow! Good for you for getting that coupon used just in time.

Your great-granddaughter (right?!) definitely DOES have your smile. :)

Susie said...

Edna, I bet it did your heart good to see the grandkids. I sure miss all of mine. Praying all is well there. Good that Eddie fixed the screen door. how kind., Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Anne Robinson said...

You are so loved, I am glad Eddie fixed your door. It saves a great deal of money doesn't it? I see those pretty smiles. What a sweet photo you shared. It is a blessing to have a good phamily.
Ypu are so talented. I just told the hubby, I bet we will miss out on a lot of the calendars I like to buy. I always get my hubby a Bruce Lee calendar for his office but I forgot to order so now it may be too late and the same with my Barbie calendar. You and Betsy (Joyful Reflections) make the best calendars with all your beautiful photos. I need to take a class or something. I made a calendar once and half the photos I wanted were too light or the resolution was not right. It was frustrating.
I hope your week is wonderful. Happy Labor Day! XO HUGS across the miles.