Wednesday, September 30, 2020

A Porch Picnic

 September 30, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray today with a rather feisty breeze.  My yard is covered with an assortment of leaves.  And a puddle.  At some point, it must have rained a bit when I wasn't paying attention.  Temps are in the seventies, but will be dropping to the high sixties later this afternoon.  The sun will be shining then too, according to my phone app.

Today is the last day of September, so enjoy it while you can.  Tomorrow starts the spooky days of October.  October means witches and goblins and bats.  Oh my!  Here's a cute photo of bats that I borrowed from the web.

I want to apologize for giving one of my trees a wrong name yesterday.  I called the tree the Imperial Tree.  It is actually an Emperor Tree. (or Empress Tree)  I double checked this on Google.  I also downloaded a couple photos to show you what the blossoms look like in the Spring.  


Last evening I worked on the navy afghan, and now I think I only have twenty six more rows to go to finish it.  Woo Hoo!  Then I have the pom poms to make to finish off the purple poncho.  It looks like I'll get all my Holiday projects finished in plenty of time.  

Today I'm going to put a few more rows on the afghan, right after I wash the dishes that are waiting for me in the sink.  And I just might get to spend some time on the porch too.  The sun has just come out.  I think I may make some lunch for Pogo and me and take it out to the porch.  We'll have us a porch picnic.  

On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Beth Reed said...

That is a beautiful tree. I just love the color of the blossoms. A porch picnic sounds awesome. I would love to have a picnic. Karyn and I talked about having a little picnic somewhere when we go out Friday. I think that we should pick up some Subway sandwiches and take over to the park. It depends upon her work hours tho. We might not have time before she has to get back to work.XOXOXOXOXO to you and Pogo!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lunch on the porch with Pogo sounds like the perfect day :)
We have the loveliest of Autumn days today, a mere 71 degrees and full of sunshine and no humidity.
I think your tree is just gorgeous, I'm a lilac/purple-lover, you can probably tell that with my flowers :)
Have a lovely day, Ms. Edna and Pogo.
Hugs,
~Jo

Steve Reed said...

There's one of those trees near our flat in London. I love it when it blooms!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That's a very attractive tree - whatever it's called. Halloween doesn't figure very highly in the UK - I'd never even heard of it when I was a child - though of course people will try to make money out of anything, so you'll find supermarkets that are keen to sell you a plastic witch's hat and farmers' markets generally have a few pumpkins on display.

smiekeltje said...

Hmmm, Porch-picnic sounds wonderful. Sadly enough today we have lots of rain, rain, rain.

That tree is beautiful. Such a pity that the blossoms don;t last all too long on it.

Just back from visit to town centre, and made us macaroni with fried minced meat for the evening. Just have to "fry"it up in a pan, some parmezan like cheese on it, some tomatoe sauce and we have(for me at least) a yummie dinner.

You are on good track it seems with your projects!!! I applaud you LOL.

Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Love the tree photos! Wow! Like Springtime all over again. Rebekah loves bats. When it was still warmer at night we watched these bats dance above us. She would throw cut up fruit to them. I guess they sleep in trees around the neighborhood. Rebekah knows everything about them. They are funny little creatures but good for our environment as they eat the bugs that annoy us. HUGS and LOVE