Thursday, October 1, 2020

Tis Riding Season Again

October 1, 2020

Good morning.  Temps are cooling down a bit.  Good folks everywhere are dusting off their brooms and practicing for the annual Halloween ride.  Pogo and I were hoping to have a new two seater by now.  However, we don't, so we'll be using our old stand by broom.  It's done us well all through the years.  (image borrowed from the web)

Yesterday Deanne came by for a visit and brought me a big container of Bow Tie, Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.  Yum, yum!  There was enough for two meals so guess what I'm having later today?  

When Joe got home from work, he put up the new clothesline that I had ordered.  Now I can hang out a few things.  Sometimes I just want to rinse out one or two items instead of running a whole load of things through the washer.  I prefer hanging some of my things out on a line rather than always being dried in the dryer.

Joe also cut back a couple of my rose bushes that were getting too tall and straggly.  If these two bushes get too tall, the winter snows weigh down the long branches and break them off.  We might decide to move the shorter bush (the rose tree) to a different spot next Spring.  Right now, it's too close to the windows and when the branches start growing, they latch on to the screens.  

Before I forget, let me post the October page from my calendar.

I found a very interesting image on the web and borrowed it to share with you.  (The name with it was Mike Mooney.)   I never quite pictured the earth this way.  

Last evening, I put four more rows on the navy afghan.  I'm getting there, a few rows at a time.  Pretty soon I can start picking out crochet projects for next year.  That means new yarn, of course.  Woo Hoo!

Now I'm off to make a hot cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Enda,
Well, we are back to the heat in the morning and the AC in he afternoon. I love fall but Fall in the south can make you nuts as far as the weather goes...I began a new crochet project, I am actually attempting to make my first ever cardigan. I have no idea if it will come out right. As of now it looks a little weird but I"m going to keep going with it to see how it ends and if it turns out good I'm going to 'try' and make some as Christmas Gifts.. I love new yarn too... I hope you had a good day today!!

smiekeltje said...

So wonderful to have a surprise from Deanne and that being more than enough for a second meal. You had twice a treat LOL.

Yeah, soon it will be riding time again. Will you be able to take a ride? May be you still can lay h=your hands on a twoseater with basket. Then Deanne could ride with you.

Joe is so nice to lend you a helping hand with the cutting on the rose bushes etc. Sometimes it is a pity that some roses grow so very tall. Nothing else to do than cutting down a bit and also in Spring pruning them well.

Oh, new yarn sounds always good hahaha.
I did crochet together two panels of the blanket I finished some time ago, Now still two more have to be crocheted togetherm but I've made a start!

Have a great day, cuddle to Pogo,
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

I sure love the photos you shared. W O W ! The earth, what a beautiful share. I pulled out all my Halloween leggings. I found a cute t shirt that says HAPPY HALLOWEEN and has the prettiest orange color to it. Plus it was on sale! Woo Hoo! I am a child at heart. I like the colder weather (minus snow hahaha) for this reason, my leggings and my hoodies to match. My kids can laugh but I am coordinated and enjoying my age whatever it is!
Have a blessed day! HUGS across the miles XO XO