Thursday, October 8, 2020

So What Does Two Day Priority Mean?

October 8, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cool and crisp today.  Temps will stay in the fifties, and the sun is shining.   The mailman has just been by and I gave him the return packages that I had ready.  I've ordered a few things from catalogues and some of them just have to go back.  The clothes are really pretty but they don't fit comfortably.  So much for buying clothes that way.

Joe took a couple packages to the Post Office for me yesterday after work.  Wow, prices have really gone up there too!  It seems to me that the Post Office is shooting its own feet off.  They are making it so expensive to mail packages that they are losing business at a fast pace.  It's a nasty circle.  Business goes down, prices go up more, business goes down more, prices go up more. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm thinking that maybe Amazon should get into the mailing business.  They seem to be able to move packages from one place to another for a lot less expense.  And much quicker too.  I called the Post Office to find out why my receipt says "Priority, 2 day delivery" and yet it will take at least three days for the package to be delivered.  They replied "Two day, three day, it's all the same."  

I asked why not call it three day delivery and they replied "There is no three day delivery.  It all depends on where the package is going."  But you still pay for two day delivery.  I'm wondering how they expect to stay in business this way.

The new books that I had ordered came in yesterday's mail.  I started reading "Uprising" by Diamond and Silk.  So far, it really is quite interesting.  The other book is going to be a gift.  Of course, I'm going to read it before I wrap it.  It's called "The Boy Who Fell Off The Mayflower" and is based on historical facts.  Seeing as how my ancestors came over on that Mayflower, I am curious about the boy who fell overboard.

How about some good news?  I finally wrapped a Christmas gift.  Yup, I even put the bow and tag on it.  Pretty soon, I'm going to box it up, along with some other gifts and I'm going to mail it off to Audrey.  She can put it in her "gift closet" until it's time to put it beneath her Christmas tree.  It's only one box but it sure does make me happy.

Here's a cute image to start your day off with a smile.  I'm still giggling over it.

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading before starting this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

10 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Whoohoo! Already wrapped a Christmas present? You're way ahead on me girl!!!!

Post rates here are also going up and up. And I wonder why, because there are more and more orders on line that have to be delivered all over so you would think the post could do good business here. Aparantly not.

Oh boy,you gave me a good laugh with that joke,

Today I wasn't so busy, perhaps because of the weather, It was and still is grey, very strong wind, rainshowers all the time. Not my cup of tea.

Be proud of yourelf that you almost have one Christmasbox ready to go! Perhaps good idea for me to do during the weekend, starting to wrap things!

Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra

Barbara said...

Good one on the chicken legs. You made me laugh, and can't we all use a little more laughter these days?!!!

Postage rates and Christmas cards. I've been sending few cards with each passing year due to the cost of stamps. This year it'll be probably 5 cards or less. As long as my mother gets one in her nursing home, that may be all I need to send. The rest I do via the Internet.

Blessings to you, Edna!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It used to take five days for a regular first class letter or card to reach England, now it's upwards of fourteen days and that's if it gets delivered at all. I've bought clothes online, only to return them time and time again. Heck it costs as much to ship them back as I paid for the item, so I usually end up giving them away. It's always about the fit, never feels right !
Good on you getting your first Christmas gift bought and wrapped, you are ahead of me 😂
Have a good one Ms. Edna.
Jo

Jan said...

Got a giggle out of that one! Reminds me of the time that my late husband sent one of my son's girlfriend to get him a dozen left handed golf balls!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Edna, your weather sounds wonderful..we have had overly warm dry weather here in Reno, but the leaves are turning and fall weather on the way!

Christmas! I have most of the family's gifts bought but not wrapped yet. I like getting it out of the way, too.
Barbara

Kathy said...

That book on the Mayflower sounds interesting. I will have to look for it.
You are ahead of the game wrapping Christmas gifts already. I have bought some gifts, but none of them are wrapped.

Theresa said...

The Post Office is not run as a business, that's for sure. When I see something I order is going to be passed off to USPS, it makes my cringe. It certainly won't get there on time most likely. I have ordered a couple gifts but won't be wrapping yet:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beth Reed said...

I totally stole the chicken legs joke. How funny. I think that one has had me laughing still and you know that we can all use a little more laughter in our lives. It is great that you found that. I loved it.

I sent Patsy a small package for her birthday. It was a very small box and it cost $15.00 and then I sent my granddaughter a little box to Reno. It was a slightly bigger box and only cost $12.00 to send which I really thought was strange because I really thought that the smaller box would be more. Well I just can't afford to send out mail packages anymore if this is what I am going to have to budget for. I will have to pick and choose.
Celeste's birthday is the 30th of October so I sent her mom the money to pick it up and she will wrap it for me too.
I think that what few gifts I do buy this year that I will just have them delivered straight to the person when I order it.

I will talk to you later. Have a awesome day and give Pogo lots of cuddles for me... xxx

My Tata's Cottage said...

USOS criminals at their best or worst! I hate dealing with them. Do not charge me two day shipping if you will not deliver for three days! UGH. My local office here dislikes me intensely.
]I just ordered my Diamond and Silk book woo hoo

Happy Weekend!

HUGS

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I like your image at the end of your post, though I once got in trouble at work for a similar comment. Our cleaner was cleaning the lift (elevator) and I told her not to forget to do the one upstairs too.