Sunday, October 4, 2020

Happy Sixteenth Birthday, Jack.

October 4, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny and 55F degrees.  Temps will warm up to the mid sixties later today.  Last night I had to finally put the heat on.  Temps dropped down into the forties.  I can't afford to wake up with pneumonia so the heat had to come on.  

Yesterday was my great grandson Jack's sixteenth birthday.  And, oh boy! what a day it was for him!  Here's a photo that his mom, Randi, sent.

His folks gave Jack a car for his birthday.  Wowee!  Jack, I wish you much happiness and love.  And you drive safely in your new car.  Meema loves you.

By now, everyone has most likely heard the news that President Trump and his lovely wife Melania have both tested positive with Covid 19.   I'm praying that God Bless them and help them to heal quickly.  I borrowed this image from the web.  

Folks, you don't all have to like our President.  You are entitled to your own opinion.  But the least you can do is to not speak ill of him and his family.  My mother always said "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  This is good advice.  

And you should never wish sickness or worse on anyone else.  Yes, sadly I have to say that some folks have even wished bad thoughts for our President and his family.  Shame on you.  You know who you are.  I don't like to put politics on my blog, but some folks have gone too far.

That's it for my mini rant.  So, what did I do yesterday?  I finished some crochet projects, including the purple poncho, and put a few more rows on the navy afghan.  Now there are only five more rows to go and it will be finished.  Maybe I can polish this off later this afternoon.  

I'm getting low on spring water, so I think I'll make an order this afternoon to be picked up at WalMart.  Pogo and I don't drink the tap water here.  If I won't drink it, I won't give it to Pogo.  

Well, that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Wow, that's a big present jack got for his 16th birthday!
I hope he will drive safe.

I am glad to say we can drink here our tapwater. I think all over Holland you can drink it safely.

We just did have our dinner and can have a quiet evening, and yes, I have the heat on too a bit. It's a really too cilly without it and no, we also don;t want to have a pneumonia!

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Sue said...

A very happy birthday wish to Jack, wow a car he sounds like a great guy!
I agree with all you said about our first family, thank ou for sharing, please give Pogo a hug from me.
Blessings,
Sue

Susie said...

Happy birthday to Jack. Oh yes a car for his 16th bday. Wow. All our grandkids are driving now....I pray for them to be safe all the time. I agree, people should never wish bad things on others...Karma is a nasty thing to deal with. Sounds as if you keep busy. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Buttercup said...

It's turning to autumn here, too. We may get some warmer days later this week, but I'm in a fleece top right now. We don't get heat in my building until October 15. Time for socks, fleece and flannel. Take care!

Steve Reed said...

That is quite a gift!

Anne M Robinson said...

Happy Birthday Jack! He is truly a blessed kiddo. I will be praying for him. Our youth needs prayer . Now I know why my mom prayed all the time. What a sweet post. Nick and I drink bottled water too. Drives Rebekah mad. Oh well.....it is the least of my worries. Plus Rothy a shoe co. makes shoes out of recyclable plastic drinking bottles. A gal I know says they are so comfy and they are very cute too. But very pricey. The process is amazing as I Have read about it. :-)
Have a great day and stay cool or stay warm, whichever way the weather goes! THat Pogo is a cutie too. HUGS and LOVE