Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Are You Sleeping Later Now?

October 6, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temps are working their way up into the sixties.  It's a really nice Autumn day.  I slept late this morning, but I guess that will become my new normal for a while.  I tend to sleep later when temps are cooler.  I looked this up on Google.

"It turns out that rooms with temperatures in the range of 60 to 68 degrees stimulate the production of melatonin, which encourages sleep.  In winter, the nights are longer and we get less light throughout the day and at lower intensity. This limited light exposure helps explain why we may feel like we are more tired and need more sleep. The brain doesn't get the same signal to stay awake and alert as it does in summer during the day"   (copied from Google)

Yesterday, I took photos of my finished crochet projects.  This first one is the purple poncho.  


This shot shows the colors in the Navy afghan.  This came out really nice.


You know, it's strange.  Last night, I did not have a crochet project to be working on and I had a feeling of being lost.  It just seemed so strange not to have a project that needed working on.  I did find a new color combination that looks really intriguing.  Hmmm, me thinks I might like to try it.  


Or maybe I could do something with Fall colors.  Green, red, orange yellow and brown.  Oh my, these colors seem so much more exciting.  I think I like them much better than the other color combo.  It's time to go through all my patterns and find a new project.  After I decide on one, I'll let you know what it is.

Right now though, it's time to get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

our two finished projects look beautiful. I like very much the stripe on the poncho, which breaks the purple.

Oh I do tend to sleep a bit longer in the morning. And then wake up slowly on the couch with a cup of tea and some nice eas detectives to watch(an most of the time in my own, Jan sleeps longer, but get;'s to bed also later, he's more a night person)

Fall colors sound good for your next project.

And yes it feels "empty"in your hands when a project is just finished, I know the feeling!

Curious what you m=will make next.

Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

LV said...

You do great crochet work. The colors you pick are so pretty. I never learned to do that. Take care and thanks so much for you visits.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your crochet work is stunning. Love the purple one ....
Sleeping more, mostly because of darker nights, and cooler temps, I'm ok with both of these :)
Hope your week is going gently.
~Jo

Kathy said...

That purple poncho is so pretty! And I love the blue afghan. Blue is my favorite color. I am intrigued by the color combination you have picked to use next. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Now you have made me think I have to do a knitting post soon to let everyone see what I am working on.