Friday, October 23, 2020

WalMart Grocery Deliveries

 October 23, 2020

Good morning.  It's gray and a bit damp outside today, but temps will still make it into the sixties.  It's not so bad at all.  I do hope that the sun shines a bit tomorrow because I will be going out to shop.  At least that's the plan for now.  My SIL Eddie is coming by to go shopping with me.  

I finally was able to make an order from WalMart to be delivered.  It came yesterday, but I forgot to order one of the most important items that I wanted.  So, I've been making up my shopping list for tomorrow.  Right at the top it says "Special K with strawberries cereal."  And if I can, I'm going to buy three boxes so that I don't run out again.

It seems that WalMart has a new program where they will give you unlimited grocery deliveries for $99 a year.  So far, I've had two deliveries at $8 each plus tips.  (most deliveries cost $10 each)   I'm thinking it will be worth my while to sign up for the unlimited deliveries.  It's a bargain.  

I found another cute crochet pattern on the web.  This one would make a great gift for folks with walkers, or to use on the shopping carts when you're picking up groceries at the market.  

Once I get all my holiday stuff done, I may make one of these for my walker.  Actually, I may look for other similar patterns first.  It can be a very useful item.

Today, the mailman brought me some yarn that I had ordered a few days ago.  I needed a specific color for a Christmas project, and I did not have this color in my yarn stash.  I checked everywhere, and finally found it on Ebay.  Pretty soon I'll be able to check another project off my Christmas list.

Here's a chuckle to start your day.  (borrowed from the web)


Now I'm off to get a cold bottle of water and do a bit of blog reading.  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B. 

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You had me smile with that little joke.

Oh, if you order quite often with Wallmart, then that offer for delivery costs could be indeed a good thing to do.

And how nice you did forget something to order, so now you will have to go shopping for it LOL. No, just joking, but it will be nice to go out for a moment again.

Seems great that new project you found, it isn't too hard to make, also quick, but can be of great use.

Today was quiet, I only went out to pick up medicins for Jan and me, we've run almost out. On the way, also bought some mandarines and a few other things, and that's it. Very lazy!

May be I'll take a short nap, not yet sure about that. For now I will watch a daily program, nice one, and do some knitting.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Alphie Soup said...

I occasionally visit Miss Edna's Place via Steve Reed's blog. The car joke made me laugh out loud first thing this morning, the best way to start the day.
Thanks.
Alphie

Steve Reed said...

That food delivery DOES sound like a good deal. I guess they basically get your business for the entire year that way, so they gain something too!