Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Little Things Make Me Happy

October 27, 2020

Good morning.  Tis another gray day here in New England.  The temperature is 50F degrees and we may see some sunshine later this afternoon for a few hours.  That would be nice.   

When I was at WalMart the other day, I picked up some small toggle buttons to see if they would work on the purses that I made.  Last night, I put the toggles on the purses and they seem to be working just fine.  Here are a couple photos.  Pictured is the purse with a pair of fingerless gloves.


It's such a little thing, but when I finally figured out how to put the toggles on the purse and have them actually work, I was tickled pink.   It surely doesn't take much to make me happy.

Yesterday, I looked over the photos I have set aside for my new calendar, but that's about all I did.  Today I'll try to get them all sized and ready for printing.  I also want to get Laura Jean's birthday gifts wrapped and boxed up for mailing by the end of the week.  I may even box up a few Christmas gifts and have them ready for mailing.  

I'm having a yen for some spaghetti so I think I'll cook up a pot of it this afternoon.  And I want to call my cousin Anita.  I haven't spoken with her for a few days.  

A couple nights ago, I got a phone call from my sister in law Edie.  Wow, I haven't heard from her in ages.  She's been battling cancer for so many years that she sometimes withdraws from people.  This time she had some wonderful news.  She's finally free from chemo and she's now a grandma.  Edie, this is awesome news and I'm so very happy for you.  

Now I'm going to do some blog reading before starting this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So true that sometimes tiny little things can make one feel happy!

Good news about your sister in law Edie. Now hopefully she will be able to have none for a long time.

At the moment our parakeets are visiting, and it's always a happy sight.

Pity the weather here isn;t great. Lots of rain, yesterday evening even hail and thunder.!

Spaghetti is always good, I had some yesterday evening for dinner. Jan had something different, he isn;t very keen on spaghetti.

I wonder if you get to the photos when you have your cousin Anita on the phone????

You just have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The little purses with the toggle are adorable! You are SO smart and talented. This is something anyone would love. And how nice to have good news for a change! Enjoy your afternoon sweet friend!

Theresa said...

I love the purses and gloves, great that the little toggle things worked. Our weather is about to get rainy from the storm hitting the gulf. I don't really have any reason to get out, so I'll just stay in:) I am happy that your sister-in-law is done with chemo, a reason to celebrate for sure! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Anne M Robinson said...

You are such a happy camper! I Love your excitement for all the things you do. You are a master of creativity. YAY for Edie! I am very happy for her. She deserves hugs and kisses across the miles of course! I am very happy you received such great news from her.
You take care and have a blessed and beautiful rest of the week! HUGS and LOVE