Monday, October 19, 2020

Blogging

October 19, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 48F degrees.  It will warm up later to close to sixty degrees.  This is a good day to be out and about doing errands.  

We recently lost another blogger.  It's a sad thing to see another blog close down, but it's understandable too.  This whole year has been difficult for a lot of bloggers.  When you can't get out and do things and mingle with other folks, it makes it difficult to think of things to write about.  

This I can understand.  On the other hand, if you and I were sitting down to a cup of coffee or tea, and having a fun chit chat, what would we be chatting about?  Probably about how things are going in our lives and what we've been up to lately?  And we'd share photos of our families and our fur babies.

Some bloggers get to do some fun things and I really enjoy reading their blogs and seeing all the photos.  Other bloggers share their day with us and I enjoy this too.  It's my way of stopping by for a visit with a friend and having folks stop by here to see Pogo and me.  I look forward to these visits. 

Since I've been blogging (January 2008), I've met a lot of interesting people and made some wonderful friends.  Every day, I look forward to sitting down with a cup of coffee and visiting my blog friends.  It doesn't matter if you're pulling weeds in your garden, or hiking through the woods, or just chasing dust bunnies around the house.  It's the friendly chit chat that I really enjoy.

Speaking of dust bunnies, the ones around here are getting a bit sassy so I'd best do something about thinning them out a bit.  Plus my coffee cup needs a refill.  I have a couple of really pretty photos to share that I took at the park the other day.  With all the leaves changing colors, our park is really beautiful.


In this photo, you can see our resident Cormorant enjoying the warm sunshine in a secluded part of one of the ponds.  The park has 650 acres and several ponds.

Now I'm off to fill my coffee mug and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It is sometimes a bit difficult to find something to blog about, but there is always some chit chat to find. And just the fact of making a post feels like being around with nice people. And one day there is something exciting to tell and another day or some ina row are not so adventurous, but it is life how it goes.

Lovely photos of the park.

Today i did some of the planned things, hoorray, made dinner(for two days, and for the first we will have again stewed pears for desert, yummie!

Even did a very quick vacuum cleaner round.

Just a few moments ago I hanged up some food for the birds and in no time there were 7 parakeets on the rosebow LOL.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Yes, I often wonder if my blog posts are just rambling, mostly a little journal of my comings and goings and observations on any given day.
I share with others, because I enjoy the interaction, and love visiting their little corner of the world also.
Cooler here today, but still a lovely pottering day :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Robyn said...

Hi Enda,
At times I wonder what to blog about as well but like you said, I write like I speak. if you were to be sitting me with me having coffee I'd talk the same way so when I sit down to make a blog post in my head I'm having a conversation with a friend. I wish it were that cool here. We keep having a day or two here in the 60s and then we pop right back up into the 80's. This is the only I dislike about spring and fall in the South. The temps go up and down like a yo yo. You have the heat on in the morning and the AC on in the afternoon. Pants on in the morning and shorts on in the afternoon. it's enough to make you mad.... Have a good day today Edna!