Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Little Autumn Rain

 October 20, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray today and the temperature is 51F degrees.  My phone app is calling for rain.  I just looked outside and my car is all wet so I guess we did have a bit of the wet stuff.  Temps will be climbing into the upper sixties after lunch so even with some rain, it will still be a really nice day.

Let me start by showing you the little gray purse that I finished the other day.  It's a fun project and it works up quickly.  I'll take another photo after I have a closure sewed on it.  (as long as it still looks good)

Today will be a busy phone day for me.  I've set aside a few things that need to be taken care of (with a phone call) so that will be my project for today.  After that, we'll see.  I need to be giving the hat and neck warmer sets to the guys in my family.  So I guess I can start doing that today too.  The cold temps will be here before we know it.

I thought I might share photos of some of Deanne's beautiful October roses.  They're like a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day.  


Isn't it amazing how something so small as the colorful petals on a flower can uplift our spirits and change our moods?  I get the same feeling from watching the birds and small critters in my yard, and watching my little dog sleep.  How about you?

I found a really nice pattern that I'll share tomorrow.  I'm thinking that I might like to make it as soon as I can decide on a color.  Hmmm, such a task!  hahaha.  

The mailman just came and left a small box on the porch for me.  Hmmm, I wonder what that can be?  I guess that's my cue to go out and take a look.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Ooooh, a present!

Susie said...

Edna, I like the purse you made. Yes, I too love to see things in nature that lift my spirits. I like your flowers. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

smiekeltje said...

I like the little purse you made, and in grey it looks real good!

Oh, a little box....................may be a present??????

Those rose are beautiful, I like very much the dark red one.
And yes, if one takes the trouble looking around you can find lots of small things that make you feel better. Nature does that to us.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Ooohhhh that purse is perfect! Girl, I sure wish I knew how to make those:) Deanne's flowers are SO pretty, you know I love a rose! Enjoy your day whatever the weather. Hope it is a great one for you!