Friday, October 16, 2020

Ice Cream And Scarecrows

October 16, 2020

Good morning.  Today is very gray outside.  Temps should be in the upper sixties all day, and according to my phone app it should rain most of the day.  We can certainly use the rain.  

Yesterday Deanne came by after work and we went to the local Dairy Queen to enjoy some ice cream.  We both ordered a sundae.  Mine was strawberry and Deanne's was pineapple.  Do I have to tell you how delicious they were?  Yum. Yum. Yum!

I mentioned before that Amazon has "special" days when the employees dress up for work.  Yesterday was "Onesie" day.  I'm telling you this to explain the photo I'm about to share.  Deanne, I'm very proud of you.  Not many daughters would wear a onesie to buy their Mom an ice cream.  I love you and I'm so glad you're my daughter.  

Here's Deanne waiting her turn to order our ice cream sundaes.  I rather like her onesie.

Pogo didn't want any ice cream.  He was just so happy to be out enjoying a ride in the car.  Here he is in his car seat.  My little lion king needs a hair cut so badly, but Covid makes it difficult.  I'll try to give him a trim again even though he's not very happy with me when I do this.  

The trees across the street from the parking lot were glowing with gorgeous colors.  Autumn in New England is really beautiful.

After we finished our ice cream, we took a ride through the local park to see if the swan families would be available for photos.  They were there but they were too far out to get a good photo.  However, the ride through the park was just wonderful.  

Yesterday, a blogger friend posted photos of scarecrows that folks in a nearby town put up every October.  The scarecrows are all dressed up to resemble different folks.  It is really is lots of fun to see.  However, I'd never seen  a display like this and I mentioned it on my friend's blog.  You can visit her blog,  The Frog And PenguiNN.

Anyway, while we were out yesterday, we went by a little park not too far from my house, and lo and behold there was a display of scarecrows all dressed up and enjoying a day in the park with friends and family.  You know we pulled the car over so that I could get some photos which I'll share this coming Sunday.  

Last night, I worked on the gray purse.  I hope to finish it later today, and I'll definitely take a photo to share.  Now I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B. 

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So you and Pogo had a great day with Deanne, icecream and a ride through the parc and then also a display of scarecrows! I am looking forward to your photos. (I also took a look at the blog you mentioned and it was great frun too).

Deanne has guts to dress in that onesie, LOL! But it is a fun idea from Amazon, those "dress-up "days. Ca help to keep the spirit high.

It was nice weather here too, and i took a rather lazy day. Only did some groceries.

Poor Pogo, he really looks like a lion, he indeed could do with a haircut, but.... if not possible, you will have to do it a bit as you say and after it he will be happy with it.

This evening I will take a crusty bread rolls with some yummie cold cuts and some french cheese too.
Tomorrow i will make us a soup for dinner(probably will last for Sunday too, yeah!!)

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

smiekeltje said...

Oops, something went wrong with posting the comment. I'll try again.

So you had a lovely day with Deanne, the icecream and then even a ride through the park.
Deanne has lot of guts to wear the onesie, but it is great fun. Good idea I think of Amazon to have those "dress-up"days, I think it keeps the spirit high.

Pogo really looks like a lion and could do with a haircut. But... as you say... he cannot go to the trimmer, so indeed you will have to do it and I am sure he will be happy with it after ou finished.

We have really nice weather here too at the moment, I took a rather lazy day, only did some groceries.

This evening I will take some crusty breadrolls with some yummie cold cuts and perhaps with a bit of french cheese.
Tomorrow I will make us a soup(that will do for two days, as always).

Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

Terra said...

Pogo is ever so cute and that fur is wild and brought me a smile. Your daughter's onesie is fun, with the dogs on it.

Kathy said...

Too bad we don't live closer. My sister does dog grooming in her spare time and she could help you out. But even with long fur, Pogo is a cutie. The fall colors are beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the scarecrows.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ice cream, scarecrows, and seeing fall colors seem like a great combo to me, Edna. Pogo looked like a mini Lion King and very comfortable in that basket seat. It was nice of Deanne to take you both for an outing and her onesie was cute. Yes, the rain was needed, but there might not be many leaves remaining afterwards as many were off the trees already here. I am glad you enjoyed seeing the Chester scarecrows in my post. Thanks very much for the link as well.

Steve Reed said...

Pogo is so cute in that picture! And yes, I like Deanne's onesie too. I haven't had an ice cream sundae in AGES.