Thursday, October 15, 2020

It's A Great Day For Ice Cream

 October 15,v 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps should get up into the high sixties today.  Another beautiful day.  Pogo and I are going out later with Deanne to get ice cream.  

Blogger seems to have fixed the photo upload thing.  Thank you, thank you.  I'd like to share this photo that Audrey sent to me.  She took it on her way out to go shopping.  The Sanitation Department had their road crews out busily cleaning up the roads.


These vultures are really quite amazing birds.  Imagine how terrible it would be if we did not have them to help keep our roads clean.

I did not know, but this month is Pitbull Awareness Month.  These are beautiful dogs, with wonderful personalities.  When you are thinking of getting a dog please consider adopting a Pitbull from one of your local shelters.  These are very loyal, lovable doggies.  And they love to cuddle.

I did not take any photos yesterday, but I did get back to crocheting.  I made a couple pair of fingerless gloves.  Today I will work on the gray purse, and probably make a pair of those gloves to match.  

My cousin Anita makes a lot of lapghans and other things and donates them to nursing homes, etc.  However, when Covid broke out, nursing homes and other places stopped accepting these wonderful homemade items.  I don't understand this.  If you just leave the items (in packages) in a room for a specified amount of hours, there is no reason why they cannot be used safely.  

I'll have to look into Big Brother Big Sister to see if they have resumed picking up items.  I still have some bags that I put together just before Covid made them stop their pickups.  I hope they are back to work because I have more things to bag up for them.  

Well, that's my news for today.  Now I'm off to read some blogs.  So, till tomorrow, stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So you have a ride out with Deanne today. Wonderful.

I don't understand why the nursing homes and such don;t accept those lapgans and such, because there is no danger of bringing in the virus with it.

Today i did also things I had on my to-do list. It's a good thing sometimes it works LOL.

It was also a real nice day with the weather and we had already 7 parakeets coming for breakfast and about 5 for dinner.

Enjoy your trip with Deanne and your icecream.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think it's sad too that nursing homes are restricting so much. But I guess they have to be so careful. Hopefully we'll get past all of this soon though! Have a beautiful afternoon! You are always so upbeat and giving. I'm glad you're my friend! Hugs!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Those vultures look like the Mexican Vultures that reside in our electric towers. They've help clean up lots of carcasses over the years.
Your days are always so full, and interesting !
Hugs,
~Jo

Steve Reed said...

I had no idea that it's Pit Bull Awareness Month! We'll have to bake a dog-biscuit cake for Olga. (She's technically a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, but that's basically a pit bull.) Rescue dogs are the way to go!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes Edna, it is so sad all the restrictions being placed and these sadly affect people who most need human contact and gifts. I am sure that Anita’s gifts are missed and how these could be not be accepted now because of the pandemic makes no sense to me as well. Vultures may nit be the best looking bird but do serve a purpose.