Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Tis A Beautiful Autumn Day

October 7, 2020

Good morning.  I tried my best to stay beneath the covers this morning for as long as possible.  But it is oh so difficult to ignore Pogo's barks.  I do try.  Really I do.  But I can only hold out for so long.  In between barks, he looks over to the direction of the refrigerator.  "I'm so hungry Mommy.  Please feed me?"  What's a girl to do?

Today the sun is shining and temps should make it up into the low seventies.  Awesome sauce!  I love days like this.  I wish they could last right up into the end of November.  Actually, I'd like them year round.  Temps between 68 and 85, perfect.  

I found an image on the web and borrowed it to share here.  It has a very important message.  When you see bags on the side of the road or in trenches, please don't run over them with your automobile or destroy them.  Please check inside them to make sure there are no babies in them.   

Yup, there are some horrible people in this world who would do this to baby animals.  Mean, nasty, wicked people.  With so many animal shelters around, why does anyone do this to tiny baby animals?  These babies are helpless.  Please check these bags. These babies deserve a chance to live. 

I spent some time yesterday going over my holiday shopping list.  I'd really like to get it all finished really soon.  December has a way of sneaking up on us before we realize what's happening.  If you don't believe me, just ask me.  I'll tell you.  (My mother used to say that to me all the time.)

After work yesterday, Deanne came by and brought me some Shepherd's Pie.  I ate half of it for a late lunch, and the other half for my supper.  Yum yum!  Tonight I think I'll cook some macaroni and cheese, then tomorrow night maybe I'll cook the spinach pizza that I have in the freezer.  Sounds like a plan.

I surely do have a lot to be thankful for.  Here's another image that I borrowed from the web to share.

Now I'm going to finish my coffee while I do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

My heart turns when I see things like those kittens in a plastic bag, somewhere tossed away! And it isn;t necessary!

You are so right about Christmas sneaking up on us. Time goes so fast, and slips as sand through our hands.

Hmmm, Sheperd's Pie is delicious! I make something alike quite often for us.

Today I bought some...........yarn LOL. Yep, couldn;t resist it. Still have to completely finish the blanket and a little afghan(putting it together), but I like to do that at daytime, better for the eyes. And in the evening soon I will need something new to make. If I am brave enough, I will try my hand on a simple sweater, a bit oversize, color of the yarn kind of sienna, a very warm autumn color.

Do you already know what will be your next project?
There are a lot of nice patterns around on the net, so difficult to make a choice.

Tell Pogo he has to stay asleep a bit longer in the mornings, like you do and not to wake you!!!!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

It's amazing to think anyone would do that to kittens. As you said, there are so many humane options for giving them a better life.