Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Get Out And Vote

 October 28, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray and wet outside this morning.  And the temperature is only 44F degrees.  Today is a good day to stay indoors and do crafts and play with your pets.  My phone app says that we have a few more days like today coming right up, and a couple nights will have temps around the freezing mark.  

Next week is time to vote.  Lots of folks have been voting early, either in person or via the mail, but I like to go to the polls in person on voting day.  So that's where I'm headed next Tuesday.  I hope everyone else is also voting.  It's a privilege and a right.  

For some reason, today must be "crank call" day.  I've been getting several solicitous calls this morning.  At least three in the last hour.  I guess these folks making the calls figure they'll get more folks to answer their calls on a rainy day.  Maybe so, just not me.

I'm not making any plans for today.  Whatever comes along to get done will be.  Right now, I'm watching old game shows on TV.  Remember Block Busters?  I really like that game.  Although I must say that I don't think it's quite fair to have two players against just one player.  Still, I like the game.  I like Classic Concentration too.  Anything that keeps my mind working is fun.

I have an image to share that I borrowed from the web.  Temps are getting cold now, especially at night.  Please don't leave your pets outdoors.  Bring them in the house.  They are family and they belong indoors with you.  I will share this with you again as the temperatures get even meaner. 

I found another image to share.  This one seems made for me.  It's just what I need, a nice comfy carpet to ride instead of my broom.

On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  I'm going to do some blog reading now before getting started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Itt was the same here: rainy, strong wind, looking gray and not nice.so good day to stay inside, and I did so.

Oh I do hope you will not have to be in a long waiting line for the voting, that would be terrible! But anyone who can vote must do so, I believe in it and we should be proud we can vote! Perhaps it will not change a lot, but at least we made the effort.

I am with you for the pets. They should be comfortable just as much as we.

And your picture of the witches is marvellous!

Have a fabulous day!
Hugs
Kyra

Barbara said...

Crank calls. How do I dislike them? Let me count the ways!!! We hang up immediately once we realize who they are. Politeness is dead in those situations.

My Tata's Cottage said...

YES please vote everyone! It is truly one of the last liberties we have. Oh the weather, is it frightful or calm, cold and windy, warm and mild? Here in Colorado you need to roll the dice and pray for the best outcome. Today's high of 48 still feels chilly as I had to trek over to the garage. The wind was picking up and I was getting cold. Brrrr.......
I recently came across Rebekah's photos from her trip to Boston in 2018. She went on a tour of Fenway Park (during the world series). She really loved it. I was kinda jealous too! I am glad she did it, she is a brave one. But she went to Ireland (on a tour) alone too. Met some gals from Boston (lol). She had lots of good info on things to do while waiting for her hubby to finish his work training back then.
She wants to come back to Boston. I hope she will take us but not in the wintertime right? HaHaHa!
Hoping your week is wonderful Take care and get that voting done! HUGS across the miles XO XO XO XO XO

Steve Reed said...

Block Busters? I don't think I ever watched that one. Good advice about the dogs! And by all means, get out and vote! We all need to be counted.

Theresa said...

I am too old for the broom too, hehe:) I love to vote in person. I voted early this year but in person. There is something about sticking that card in the machine that makes me proud and making sure my vote is counted. It's a dreary day outside here too but I am thankful to be inside! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!