Monday, October 12, 2020

Happy Columbus Day

 October 12, 2020

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be gray and wet with temps in the fifties.  And it is.  Well, we do need some rain.

Today is Columbus Day.  I did some checking on Google, and there are many stories, historical facts and beliefs about the history of this day.  Seeing as how Columbus was said to have landed in the Bahamas, and I've been to the Bahamas, I'm okay with celebrating Columbus' day just the way it is.  

Speaking of the Bahamas, here's a photo from a trip that Michael (hubby) and I took to the Bahamas back in 1992.

I'm getting restless again.  I've been away from crocheting too long.  Today I'll have to make an effort to start working on something again.  Maybe I'll make another of those little purses, just to get me started.  I have a pretty gray that would look good as a purse.  

Some days my brain does stupid things.  The other day I wrapped a gift, and stapled the wrapper closed.  After I put the tag and the bow on the package, I realized how dumb it was to staple the package shut.  Now I have to take out all the staples and use tape to close the package.  

What in the world was my brain thinking when I decided to use the stapler?  My brain used to be very smart.  It is definitely educated.  So why all of a sudden does it take vacations without telling me?  Is this part of the aging process?   If it is, it's not funny!

Here's an image that I borrowed from the web.  It's such a happy thought, and a good way to live our lives.

Now I'm going to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh be assured I have sometimes also a same kind of thing as you had with the stapler and tape LOL. Sometimes I do things as if I am out of my body it seems hAHAHA.

Plumber came by, will be there tomorrow early morning and hoping it can be fixed in a more or less easy way. Cross your fingers for us!

Now time for our dinner, and watch some tv and go to bed a bit earlier, in hope we will sleep okay, because of the early rise!

Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyrra

Buttercup said...

Rainy here today, too. Had an outing planned, but have changed to a (mostly) indoor day of blog visits and decluttering. I do the little absent minded things, too, and realize I'm about to put something in the freezer instead of the microwave. Luckily, I've caught myself in time. Take care!

Kathy said...

Loved the picture of you and your husband. You both look so happy.
I think stapling a package shut is a good idea. It certainly is very neat.
I'm looking for a new project to knit. Restless too.

Steve Reed said...

Columbus Day got past me completely! It's not really a "thing" here in the UK. I think I've stapled wrapped packages in the past, but only when I'm out of tape. :)