Sunday, October 11, 2020

Take Time To Care

 October 11, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny and 57F degrees.  That's about where the temps will remain until mid afternoon, when they will start to drop just a little.  The next several night time temps will hover around fifty degrees.  This will make it really nice for sleeping.

Deanne and Eddie have gone grocery shopping this morning, and they are picking up a few things for me too.  What would I do without my kids?  I'm blessed to have family nearby.  There are lots of folks who do not have anyone nearby to help them.  Check your neighbors.  See if they need any help during these trying times.  

You know, sometimes just the fact that you take the time to stop by and say hello can mean so much to a person who cannot get out and doesn't have any company stopping by to see them.  It doesn't cost you anything but it means the world to that other person.  If you don't know their birthday, send them a Happy Birthday card on your birthday.  

Do the same for animals in the neighborhood.  The homeless ones and the ones that are just left outside and lonely.  Bring them straw or blankets to keep them warm, and something to eat and drink.  It's such a small thing for you to do, and it will have you looking like a hero in their eyes.

On a lighter note, this is something for all of you who crochet.  This was advertised in the TV Guide, and I found it on Amazon too.  It's a set of patterns for all the Golden Girls.  It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I still haven't decided what I want to work on for my next crochet project.  I've been trying to concentrate on my holiday shopping instead.  Pretty soon I'll be giving the hat and neck warmer sets to the guys in the family that I made them for.  Temps keep dipping slowly downward.  

I also have to start shopping for a birthday gift for my daughter Laura Jean.  Her birthday is early November and she'll be fifty five.  Imagine.  Fifty four and a half years ago, the doctors at the hospital told me to take her home and enjoy holding her because she most likely wasn't going to last much longer.  (what a thing to say to the parents of a child)

Here's another image that I borrowed from the web to share.  Every morning that I wake up is a gift and I'm grateful for another new day.  Yesterday I got to chat on the phone with two of my cousins.  It's good to know that I can still do this.  We are all old, but their voices sound wonderful to me.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yes, you are blessed to have family nearby and that they take good care of you. You are right saying it is a small thing to look around if someone needs a little help. Just the offering can make a difference.

I am trying my hand now on a shrug cocoon. They look fun and quite easy to make, you can chrochet and even knit them. Perhaps it is something for you to do as next project? Lots of patterns to find on the net, and for free.

It's tv time now, then hopefully a good night sleep and tomorrow afternoon the plumber!
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Edna, The little saying with the barn picture is so true. We do need to think about that. People need to know that not all blessings are big over the top events. Every little thing that helps us is a true blessing. I am wishing you blessings this Sunday. xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have given some good advice in this post, Edna. I have been sending people cards and notes for years and perhaps more so now during this pandemic. You are so right that just a small thing like that can brighten someone's day and it doesn't take more than the cost of a stamp and the investment of some time. And it very nice that you have family close by to help you with shopping. Hoppe your daughter, Laura jean,. has a wonderful upcoming birthday.