Sunday, October 25, 2020

A Fun Shopping Trip

October 25, 2020

Good morning.  Wow, I'm getting a late start today.  I did start much earlier, but somehow I kept getting sidelined.  Then I tried to crop a photo to share here and I couldn't get it to open in Photoshop CC.  It kept going to Photoshop Express, which I don't know how to use.  

Finally a tiny bit of my brain kicked into gear and I went to my list of programs.  I thought maybe I could get my Photoshop CC program to open from there, but I discovered a newer version of the program sitting there unopened.  Well, now where did that come from?   

Hmm, I haven't figured out the 2020 version yet and now I shall learn the 2021 version.  Life is full of surprises lately.  Yup, the mailman brought another surprise a couple of days ago.  A box, for me from my friend Kyra.  It's not my birthday yet so I'll wait till then to open it.  Thank you, Kyra.  I look over at the box and it makes my whole day smile.

SIL Eddie came by yesterday morning and took me shopping.  I was able to pick up a birthday gift for Laura Jean, as well as several Christmas gifts.  I feel so much better now.  I even got three boxes of my cereal, Special K with red berries.  I gave one box to Eddie because it's his favorite too.  This was a fun outing for me.  

I have a cute photo to share with you.  When Eddie was leaving yesterday, he noticed a little tree growing on the roof of my car.  It's a tiny evergreen tree. (I think!)  I hope it's a slow grower because I don't want it to wreck my car's roof.  I know, I could pick it out of there.  But why?  It's tiny and it probably won't live through the winter.

Today I need to seriously work on my new calendars.  Some of them need to be mailed out early to avoid the Covid/Christmas mail slowdown.  So after I do a bit of blog reading and wash my dishes, that's how I'll be spending the rest of the afternoon.  

Once the calendars are done, I want to wrap a few things.  I somehow always procrastinate and wait until the last minute to do this and then I'm rushed.  Funny, the more I try to get things done early, the farther behind I get.  

Yesterday, I also bought a six pack of Nestle's Iced Tea with Lemon.  I think I'll open a bottle and read a few blogs now before I get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh it really was a good shopping trip. You got lots of things you wanted to.

Sometimes programs update so quick that you almost haven;t time to get used to one version or the others are there already. Perhaps, for quick use, you could use one of those free on-line photo editing programs, if it is just fro cropping. If you want I can look into some. Some are real handy and work easy.

How cute that tiny little tree may look, perhaps it is better to take it off your car, and if you can do that without dammaging some small roots, try to put it in a little pot, and leave that outside. May be you can grow your own tree!

I will so to the couch now and watch my soccer premier league matches(the short cuts of them) and later have some coffee with Jan and watch some nice things.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

That's so funny about the little seedling growing in your car. Nature would take over if we allowed it! (I sometimes think we should.)

Buttercup said...

I've started my holiday cards and getting some gifts made up. Most years I get very busy in November and December, but that's not likely to happen this year. I'm hoping that by December 1 I can get everything in the mail and watch Hallmark movies and take walks around New York for photographs. Take care!

Theresa said...

We did some shopping at the beach and it was nice to be out. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs