Monday, August 31, 2020

Farewell To August

August 31, 2020

Good morning.  Today is another gorgeous day here in New England.  It's sunny with temps in the mid seventies.  Enjoy it folks.  There's only three more weeks left of summer.  Tomorrow starts another new month.  

The mail just came and it has a new pattern book that I had ordered.  I'll take a photo and share it here tomorrow.  A girl just can't have too many patterns.  Here's a great new T-shirt that I found on the web.  Oh my, how true it is!


I want to thank Kyra and Audrey, and my friend Mary Ann for all the help with my Photoshop CC problem yesterday.   Those "Dummies" books are okay, but nothing beats smart kids and good friends.

Well, I did a little bit more crocheting last evening, and one of my projects is almost done now.  A few more nights should do it.  Then I can cross that one off my "to do" list and get on to the next project.  If I can finish everything except the afghan by the end of September, I'll be in a good position.

This afternoon, Deanne is coming by after work to pick up a birthday box and take it to the Post Office for me.  Our littlest business owner (Lilah) is turning thirteen this week.  Time sure is flying.

SIL Eddie is supposed to stop by later this afternoon and measure the storm door to the entrance to the main part of the house.  It's old and it's gracefully falling apart.  It's time to get a new storm door.  

I have a cute image to share that I borrowed from the web.  I agree, my little Yorkie makes me a very rich lady.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before getting started on this awesome new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

We've started to feel cooler weather in NYC, too. I woke up about 5:00 am and felt a very unfamiliar sensation, a chill in the air. Love the upcoming autumn, but don't like the shorter days. Take good care and thanks for your visits.

smiekeltje said...

So true, we might have a lot of paterns and stitches books, but we always need yarn to it to make something!!!
I am glad my little things about Photoshop might have helped you.
Well, if you are stuck with other things, let me know and I will try to find out for you(with easy tutorial etc, of course)

Oh great, that Eddie will put in another storm door for you. He is the pearl among man, I believe, he can fix almost anything!!!
And yes, if you have a loving pet, you are rich.

Now a bit of plying one or two games, and then install myself on the couch LOL.
Have a fantastic day my friend.
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

Our weather is a little cooler today too. I must say as much as I love summer, I like a 79* day a lot more than a 97* day. LOL. I saw that t-shirt on facebook too and was very tempted to buy it.

Have a good day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'd love to have a dog again someday and I'd like a little Yorkie...they are so cute! Hope your day is going good. It's a little rainy here but that's nice too! Hugs!

Theresa said...

The mid seventies sounds heavenly! It is still hot and humid here in the South. Perhaps cooler days are coming before too long, I pray:) Enjoy your day dear friend, love that shirt:) HUGS!