Friday, August 7, 2020

Life Is Short, Love Your Family Today

August 7, 2020

Good morning.  Today we'll have sun, clouds and cooler temps.  Temps in the seventies mean that it's a breathing day!  Yayyyyyyyyy!

Yesterday I went searching again for some of my cousins.  I have lots of cousins, but I've only met up with a couple of them in my adult life.  My brother and I were separated from the rest of our family when we were just kids, so now we are basically strangers.  But, every now and then I try to find some of them.  (not much luck here)

Well, yesterday afternoon, I had a stroke of luck and found my cousin Barbara.  But, oh my.  I was two weeks too late.  She passed on two weeks ago at the age of 81.  Sadly, she was not so far away from me.  I just never had any luck finding her or her siblings before this.  This is my cousin Barbara.  From what I read on her obituary, she was a wonderful person and loved by so many.

Folks, always let your family know you love them.   Today and tomorrow are not guaranteed.  They are precious gifts.  Life is short.  Enjoy your loved ones while you can.  If you are missing someone and are looking for them, I hope you find them.  I've been trying to contact Barbara's siblings, but so far I've not had any luck.  I'll keep trying.

Just a note, that order that was expected from WalMart.com yesterday, never came.  I kept checking the tracking, but it kept saying that it was expected to be delivered before the end of the day.  This morning I checked the tracking again, and found that it is being delayed and should be delivered today.  We'll see.  

Today, Deanne will be coming by after work to do my banking and mail my bills out.  What would I do without her?  She's been such a blessing for me.   I love you Dee Dee, and you too Eddie.

There's not much more news for today, so I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

SO SAD that you didn't find her until it was too late:( I have a lot of cousins too. We have a family reunion once a year but it has been canceled for this year because of the virus. I hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for sharing your thoughts! HUGS!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,
It made me a little sad to see that you and your brother were separated from the rest of the family when you were children and I"m so sorry that Barbara passed away and only two weeks ago.. Looking at her photo I think I see a little family resemblance there in the eyes...I am glad you were able to still make a connection with her even if it was finding her obituary. My sister in law's families has been messed up since they were children. She's now 56 and she knows she has aunts and uncles and cousins out there but she doesn't know hardly any family history. It's hard when you don't know where you came from. I wish the weather was cooler here it's so hard to breath in the massive humidity but I have a few months left to go yet... I hope you have a wonderful day Edna! XO

Dee Jaynes said...

I love you too mom- anything you need- Ed and I will do for you <3

Steve Reed said...

What a shame that you were just a bit too late. But I'm sure her siblings will appreciate hearing from you. I was doing some reading about some of my extended family too -- it IS important to stay in touch!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, It was sad to read about the passing of your cousin, Barbara, and I know how you feel. One of my cousins, Rick, passed away a week ago and I had not seen him in many years. We shared the same birthday. As children our families did connect since his late mom and my late mom were sisters and they lived 10 minutes from our NH home. But, as children grow up and move away, contact is often lost and get togethers far between. You advice today to connect with loved ones is so well taken and that goes for far off friends as well, especially now.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am sorry you and your cousin did not connect sooner. Life passes us by so quickly. I hope your weekend will be blessed and beautiful and I will be praying for your loved ones phamily. HUGS from me to you! XO