Friday, August 21, 2020

Saga Of A New Toy

 August 21, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny today, and temps should get up into the upper eighties.  At the moment though, it is quite lovely outside.  When I'm finished posting here, Pogo and I will sit out on the porch for a while.

Well, I checked with the Verizon store late yesterday afternoon (around 4:30) and they said that my phone had not come in yet.  Okay, so I'll get it Saturday.  No problem.  However, around six p.m. last evening, the store called me and said that they had my phone and would bring it by right away.  And they  did.

We sat out on my porch (masks on - three feet apart...it's a small porch) and the young man from the store hooked my two phones together and started the transfer of files process.  Most of it had completed when he had to return to work.  Today I will go through all my stuff on the old phone to make sure everything has transferred.  That's a job and a half.  There's a ton of photos on my phone.  

So far, I'm noticing that there are so many differences between these two phones.  It took me more than two hours to figure out how to put an icon for my blog on my new phone.  I don't have enough hair on my head that I can afford to pull any of it out.  So, before I go cuckoo nutso, I went on Amazon and ordered me a user manual,  "Samsung Galaxy S10 For Dummies."

My new book should be here before the day is over.  So you can guess what I'll be doing tonight.  Yup, learning how to use my new phone.  For $11.99, I can hang on to whatever sanity I have left.  It's truly a bargain.  

In my younger days, I could handle new technology much easier.  In fact, I looked forward to learning about it.  These days, change is not a nice word, so I rely a lot on the "Dummies" and "Visual Learning" books.  

One thing I'm looking forward to on this new phone is using the camera.  It's much different and is supposed to take even better photos than my old phone (which also takes great photos). Well, that's my phone saga.  Thanks for letting me babble.

Today, let me share a cute Maxine cartoon.  This tough old bird says it like it is.  I like her.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Martha said...

I can relate! The first few days of having a new phone are horrible. I still had my youngest back at home when I got my last phone and the young people somehow know almost by instinct how everything works. I'll have to buy the book next time around too. Have fun with your new toy! :)

kyra said...

Oh, what would we do without the books for "Dummies"??? LOL.
They are at times a blessing.
Still great your phone arrived soon and the guy brought it along and transfered almost all from the old one.

Here we received the last offer for the windows. I think this one will get the work. Only pity it is such a big sum of money, but.... we will have also a lot of benefit from it through the coming years.

We had a quiet day today, only turned the washing machine, hanged the laundry on the rack, and that is about all.
Now I am going to think what i will make for dinner. One thing sure:
It will be real simple and real quick LOL.

Have a lot of fun figuring out your new phone, hope it goes rather smoothly.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful that they brought it by and got it set up. That's so great and helps so much. Hope the book helps too. You can search online and find a lot of answers too. Enjoy your day!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna!
So glad you got your new phone!... I"m with you sister.. Technology never used to bother me when I was 35, now? I hate having to learn something new with it because I get confused easily with it all. So many buttons, and swipes and this and that.. I still think we all need to go back to hard wired phones and pencil and paper but, that's just me.. .LOL.. Have fun and I really hope you enjoy the new phone :)

Theresa said...

WOW, I am happy that you got your phone and a book on the way to help you learn how to use it:) Gotta love Maxine, I don't iron very often either:)
Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

I agree -- learning technology is a drag, and it DOES get harder as we get older. As for ironing, I've never understood it. I don't iron anything! (But I do get my dress shirts pressed at the cleaners, so I guess that counts.)

The Queen Jester said...

You have the same phone I have. Now I need to start looking at the settings and find the way to use voice commands for messages.