Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Autumn Is Creeping In

August 18, 2020

Good morning.  Right now, it's really quite lovely outside.  Sixty eight degrees and sunny.  Soon the temps will climb to the low eighties.  Still really nice.  There's one more month of summer left, so let's enjoy it.  

I tried to sleep in late this morning, but then I felt guilty about making Pogo have a late breakfast.  So, I got up and fed him.  After I finish posting, I'll have a bowl of Kellogg's Special K with strawberries.  Yum!  

I confess, I did not work on my crochet projects yesterday.  Instead I played on my laptop for hours.  Actually, I was doing a bit of holiday shopping too.  At one point, I thought I had found exactly what I was looking for and was all set to order it.  

Then I saw that it was coming from China and the expected arrival date was between October and December.  I don't want to wait that long for delivery so I did not order it.  Ah well, at least I had fun searching.  The good news is that now I can do it all over again another time.  

We must have gotten a little rain during the night because there is a big puddle at the end of the driveway.  The birds and small critters will enjoy this because they can take baths in the puddle.  I would rather have the puddle form inside the driveway so that I don't have to worry about any of the birds and small critters being run over by a vehicle coming into the yard.

Here's a photo of one of our little critters.  This one is still a youngster.  

I'm thinking it must be almost time to re-order the dried ears of corn.  The squirrels love them.  I should probably put in a new order for the cracked corn too because it's almost time for the turkeys to start coming around for their meals.  I don't know where they go during the summer, but once the temps cool down in the Fall they come here.  

Pogo is having a grand time this morning, barking at every thing that moves outside.  If nothing moves, he barks anyway.  Got to keep those vocal cords working!  He's better than a doorbell.  Speaking of doorbells, I used to have a sign on the front door to the main house that read "Doorbell is broken.  Yell Knock Knock really loud so that we can hear you."   Hmm, I wonder where that sign went.

Have any of you been getting political messages on your cell phones?  I've been getting them from the Democrats that are running for various offices for quite some time now.  I usually just send them a reply message that says "Trump 2020" and believe it or not, they respond too with "Sorry, I bothered you."  

Still, the idea that they can invade my privacy this way is alarming.  It's also not right.  It's bad enough that my junk mail is full of ads telling me to vote for one Democrat or another, I don't want them on my phone too.

Folks, I don't do political parties.  I believe we should be allowed to vote for the person we believe will get the job done best.  It should have nothing to do with party affiliation.  It used to be that we voted in private.  That's not the case anymore.  I called the Town Hall clerk and asked if our voting information is given out to groups and organizations for whatever reason and I was told "Yes."    So much for privacy.

That's my bit for today.  Before I go, let me share an image that I borrowed from the web.  It has a really good message on it.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Steve Reed said...

It's weird that you're being targeted by Democrats and not Republicans. I would think you'd be getting messages from both parties. Are you registered as a Democrat, by any chance? I get e-mails from the Democratic party but I'm registered as a Democrat so that's why. (Fortunately, living overseas, I don't get texts!)

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I like the idea of growing fruit trees for the homeless. That's something that sort of happens naturally around here as it used to be a big fruit-growing area. So now you find apple, plum and cherry trees occurring in the hedgerows, alongside the wild blackberries and sloes. But it's not homeless people who pick them, but retired people like me who've got nothing better to do. The homeless tend to stick to the cities.