Thursday, August 20, 2020

 August 20, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny and comfy with temps rising to the upper seventies, maybe eighty, today.  Another gorgeous day.  

Well, yesterday turned out to be not quite the way I wanted, but still nice.  Deanne came by and we went to the Verizon store to buy me a new phone.  Tuesday I told the man on the phone that I would be in on Wednesday morning to buy the Samsung Galaxy S10.  He said that he had it in stock.  

Before entering the store, on went the gloves and mask - I don't plan on taking anything home with me that I didn't come to buy.  I also had a container of wipes in my tote.  I was so excited.  I just couldn't wait to get my new phone.  Problem was that after my phone call Tuesday, the Verizon store salesman showed up at the store and walked off with whatever S10's they had in stock.  

The other man at the store tried to offer me a different model.  I said no so they scurried to call other Verizon stores to see if they could find another phone for me.  They found one in Connecticut and asked that it be sent out immediately.  I will be able to get it either late today or sometime on Saturday.

I tried to buy a new cover for the phone they were also out of stock.  It's just not my day to have this new phone.  The salesman promised to bring the phone by my house either later today or Saturday, and he would transfer everything from my current phone over to the new phone. When I got home yesterday, I went online to Amazon and ordered a new cover for my new phone.  That should be here tomorrow.  

There was a bright note though, a new crochet pattern that I had ordered a while ago finally arrived in my mail.  I think I'd like to try making this.  Not now, first I have to finish all my Christmas projects.  This one is made with cotton yarn.  Have a lookee.  Isn't this pretty?  The pattern (Bloom Cocoon) can be found at Annie'sCraftStore.com..  (It can also be made with regular yarns.)


The mail just came and there's another political advertisement from the Democrats.  Has anyone received any of these ads from the Republican party?  I don't remember seeing any in my mail.  I hope this is nothing to be concerned about.  I just think it's strange.  There are two parties, but I'm only seeing ads from one party being delivered.  Hmmmm.

I'm off now to send a text to Beth to see how she is doing.  Then I'll call my cousin.  After that, I'm sure that Pogo and I can find some good mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

HI Edna,
Well I see verizon isn't any better than T mobile.. everytime I have to go into the Tmobile store there is always a problem so I try best I can not to go...I switched to the iPhone last year and while I like it's ease of use there are a lot of things I don't like about it.. I want to go to the samsung Note towards the end of this year... I LOVE that pattern.. That is a cute little wrap!... What are you making for Christmas. I've been trying to come up with some gifts to make but I am stumped. Not sure what to make this year..

smiekeltje said...

Bad luck with your phone. Still nice of the salesman that he will bring your phone at your house and he will transfer all from the old phone. That will be awesome, not having to do it yourself!

Oh, it looks very nice that new pattern. A bit like a granny pattern, but bigger I think it could be very pretty in a coo=tton thread, but also for example in a really thick yarn, a fluffy one, perhaps, nice for wintertime.

May be the Prepublicans don;t bother yet to send advertisements, or have different plans may be.
We will have new elections next year for our parliament/government.

Jan is taking a deep nap on the couch at the moment, we went this afternoon to hospital, so another adventure trip for him LOL.
Went rather well with the rollator.

Now time to do a little 3 match game and then sit on the couch for a tv evening.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that crochet pattern too. I wonder what color you'll make it in. I like Fall colors for sweaters. Hope you get your new phone soon. That will be nice! And no...I haven't gotten any political stuff in the mail at all. Hugs!

Barbara said...

The Bloom Cocoon crochet pattern is lovely! Will you use the same colors as the blues we are seeing in the picture? So gentle and feminine!

Congrats on the new phone (when you get it). I hope you figure out all its bells and whistles very quickly and just love it.

We have been deluged until this week with Republican advertisements for the Florida Primary, which was on Tuesday of this week. None from the Democrats, probably because it's just the Primary and we are registered Republicans.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful crocheted pattern !
I'm hoping my cell phone will hold up at least for another year, our Verizon store is temporary closed down due to COVID contact :(
Enjoy your new telephone Edna, you'll probably go through a learning curve...
Hugs,
~Jo

Susie said...

I hate going to the phone stores and Best Buys...yikes. Oh Edna, I love that beautiful pattern. The colors are wonderful too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Oh darn it, sorry you didn't get your new phone but happy that you didn't give up! Love the pattern, yes... you need to make that! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Maybe the Repubs just aren't spending in your state. I can't remember where you live, but they may figure it will go Democrat (Massachusetts?) or be reliably Republican (New Hampshire). In either case, Repubs wouldn't really need to spend much there. Just a guess!