Sunday, August 9, 2020

Aye Yi Yi, My Brains Have Gone On Vacation Without Me

 August 9, 2020

Good morning.  It's looking gray outside my door.  I checked with my phone app to see what the day will be like but my phone app is having a few problems.  It shows the time twelve hours behind, and the day as Saturday.  I've been able to fix the time, but I can't figure out how to fix the day.  (on the app)  

I still can't figure out the line and photo spacing, etc. on Blogger, but I"m not going to lose sleep over it.  I'll just do the best that I can.  I'm sure some of you other bloggers are having the same problems so we'll all muddle through it together.  

Friday afternoon while I was out on the porch, I noticed a bird flying to the top of one of my giant trees to rest for a bit.  I grabbed my camera and got a few shots.  Sadly, the sun was in my face, but the photos aren't too bad.

I just checked outside and it definitely looks like we're in for some rain.  I hope so, we really could use some.  Wow, it's even darker now than it was a little while ago.  I'm noticing that even my laptop is showing Saturday's date.  Hmmm, maybe,,,,,,oh dear, I think it's me.  

I must have had me a really good nap and when I woke up it felt like I had slept all night.  First thing I did was make a cup of coffee and breakfast for Pogo and me.  Gosh, now I feel rather stupid.  And that darkness outside is not rain.  It's night time!  Yeesh, does this ever happen to you?  

I'll stop right here, and wait till morning just in case something interesting happens between now and then that I want to post about.............................  

Sunday......

Good morning again.  It's five a.m. and this has to be the longest night I've had in a long time.  I remember that I forgot to go into my phone app and fix the time back to what it should be, so I just did that.  I'm going to have last night's supper for breakfast this morning - ham and cheese sandwich and bottled water, minus an ice cream sandwich dessert.

According to my phone app, today is supposed to be sunny with temps rising up into the eighties.  By noon, it should start raining for a couple hours, then back to sunshine.  Later tonight the rain should start up again and we should have rain for the next five days.  Of course, my phone app doesn't always tell the truth.  So that's called wait and see.

Well,  that's my news for today.  I'm going to the kitchen now and make that sandwich.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hahahaha, you were mixing up the days!!!!! ROFL.
Perhaps it may let you feel somewhat better about, if I tell you it happens to me also at times. Like ysterday early evening, or ho, must have been afternoon. I was searching for a certain programm on the tv Guide, but didn;t see it. Well, that was obvious, because it only comes today(on Sunday) and I was in full conviction yesteray afternoon we had already Sunday, till Jan told me otherwise.
A brain can play dirty tricks with you, hey??????

What beautiful photos of that bird. Is it perhaps a hawk?

Oh yes, I noticed also that on Blogger the line spacing had changed a bit(the automatic one). well, as you I am not loosing sleep over it. it will restore itself, and if not, it isn;t a very big deal, LOL.

Have a wonderful day(it is Sunday today, hahahaha)
Hugs
Kyra

NanaDiana said...

I hate when those apps get screwed up on my phone. I have a hard time fixing them. lol I am one of those people that can't nap--but wish I could. If I ever do fall asleep during the day, I wake up feeling groggy and 'sick'.
hope you have a great Sunday- xo Diana

Steve Reed said...

Ha! Wow, you DID have a good nap! I've never had that happen, I must say, but I went over to my mom's one time and she was making coffee at 6 p.m. The same thing had happened to her -- she had an afternoon nap and thought it was morning!

That's a spectacular bird -- definitely some type of raptor, but I'm not sure what.

Barbara said...

Your photos of that large bird atop the tree are really good. We have a lot of interesting birds here. I guess they enjoy retiring to Florida, too!

I hope the days and nights line up better for you this week. That was quite the adventure you had there! In these retirement years I'm having more trouble keeping straight which day of the week it is. You're in good company, girlfriend!

P.S. I probably shouldn't say this, but I would have had that ice cream sandwich for breakfast!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like one of the hawks I just posted....maybe the Red Tailed Hawk! You got good photos. Hope you've had a restful day today!

Buttercup said...

I don't take too many naps -- don't sleep well at night when I do -- but I've woken up a few times thinking it was the morning. Of course, I pretty soon realize that it's 5:00 in the afternoon. Your bird pictures came out really well. Not sure where the days go, but this one flew by. Lunch outside with a friend, walk in the neighborhood and reading the paper and a new book that I'm really enjoying. Now I'm spending the evening with blog visits. Take care!

Martha said...

I hate it when my brains go on vacation without me lol! The photos are great. Have a great week :)

Martha said...

PS My husband looked at something today and said it expires on Oct 3 and asked me the date today. Dude, it's only August lol!