Monday, August 17, 2020

Rather Quiet Around Here

 August 17, 2020

Good morning.  It's gray and cool today, so far.  The sun should come out soon and temps should reach the low to mid seventies.  Tis another nice day here in New England. 

There's not a lot happening around here.  Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie did some grocery shopping for me.  Then Joe trimmed the hedge outside my living room window and swept up a lot of the debris on the ground from the trees.  Assorted leaves, pine needles, pine cones, etc.  

Joe told me a funny story about what happened to him the other day while he was fishing.  He was wearing a yellow safety vest (from his work) and a beautiful butterfly landed on him.  He shook it off but it kept coming back to land on him.  He kept moving, but the butterfly was fascinated with Joe, and it wasn't leaving him alone.  He did take a photo of the butterfly once when it landed on the grass.  Eventually he figured out that it was his yellow vest that was exciting the butterfly.  Hmmm, interesting.  Here is his butterfly.


Animals tend to like Joe.  He never realized it, but when he started feeding the birds and critters in our yard, we all noticed how the birds would sit on a branch and wait for him to fill their feeder.  The critters on the ground wouldn't hide.  Instead they would sit and wait for Joe to set out their food.  Some would even follow him around a bit.  The turkeys will sometimes come right up to the front porch and wait for Joe to bring out their food.

As for me, I've done a little bit of crocheting, finishing one of my smaller projects.  It's a green purse.


Today I think I may work on the purple poncho for a while.  If I stick with it, I just might be able to have it finished this week.  Then, of course, I still have to finish that navy blue afghan.  These items are Christmas gifts so they have to come first before my fun projects.  I want them wrapped and in boxes ready for mailing before December.  

I don't know what just happened, but my spacing problem here on blogger seems to have corrected itself while I was typing.  Wow!  Dare I hope that it is finally fixed?  We'll see when I start typing tomorrow's post.  

Sometime today I want to sit down and write a couple notes.  Then I will call Beth to see how she is doing.  She has been quarantined to her bedroom until the results from her Covid test come back.  I will also call my cousin Anita to see if she is feeling better now.  She had a biopsy (done on her face)  Friday afternoon, and her face has been very sore.  

Now I want to do a bit of blog reading before getting started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Martha said...

I'm going to have to try to wear yellow when I go out to take photos of butterflies! I have a way with the wild animals too. My kids call me Mrs Dolittle. Love that little green purse and your weather sounds so perfect. It's still blazing hot here in Florida. Have a great day :)

smiekeltje said...

Oh, what a lovely story about Joe and the butterfly. I think the butterfly thought Joe(well, his safety vest) was a big flower LOL!
Didn;t know he liked fishing. What kind of fishing? In the river, on all kind of sweet water fish, or flying fishing(that;'s for trout I believe) or at sea?
Hmmm, did he ever brought you a nice fresh fish for supper ????

It's funny how animals tend to feel if a human being is no threat to them.
You could name him Dr. Doolittle hahaha>

At least you finish a little project. I'll see if I can knit a bit this evening, it is cooler now.
I hope Beth will do okay, as well as you cousin Anita.
If you talk to Beth give her a big phone-hug from me!

Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That crochet purse is very cute! What a great idea to make something so cute and useful too. I liked the butterfly story and had one circle around me the other day. Now I'm wondering if it was the color I was wearing. That is so interesting! Think I'll search about it online. Enjoy your day! Cool? What's that? heehee! Hugs!

Steve Reed said...

Funny about the butterfly! Sounds like it was the color that drew it. They respond to scent as well -- certain soaps, perfumes and foods seem to attract them.

It seems that Blogger "learns" what spacing we want -- if we begin using a certain spacing it carries on through the post. I'm not sure that's consistently true but I know it's happened to me a couple of times. I usually go into the html code to correct spacing when it's not what I want, but that's kind of a pain.

Kathy said...

That is a beautiful butterfly and how funny that it followed Joe around. I think it must have been the color of his vest.

That little purse is so cute! I have crocheted purses in the past but found I always had to line them because things like pens and keys just came right through to the other side. I really like the pattern you used. It looks as if it is a tight stitch.

It has cooled off a little bit here too, but there's plenty of summer left.

Anne M Robinson said...

I love Joe's butterfly! What a sweet story. ON the anniversary of the loss of our sweet baby boy Alastor Avery my friend Sherrie in California sent me something that made me smile. If you see a dragonfly whisper I love you to it. It will carry your message to heaven. We saw dozens of dragonflies in our yard and our trip on the anniversary in the mountains. I have always loved butterflies and dragonflies. I have a sweet necklace my hubby bought me one CHRISTmas with a dragonfly on it. :-)
Hoping you have a wonderful week and all goes well. You are surely loved.
I would hope I would be rich too in regard to the question I posted. :-)
Take care my friend. HUGS across the miles and many prayers for those suffering with the virus and those waiting on results.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I wish I was a seamstress . You are very talented. My cousin Audrey made me many beautiful crocheted Barbie clothes when I was a child. I have seen some pieces that would fit my American Girl dolls.So precious :-)