Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tis A Great Day For A Nap

 August 25, 2020

Good morning.  Wow, have you noticed how quickly August is fading away?  It's moving way too fast for me.  There'll be clouds on and off today with temps rising up to around ninety degrees.  After that though, I think the temps will drop a bit.

A friend who has a phone like mine  did not know about the voice message, so I took a photo of what mine looks like in hopes that it will help her.   This is where I type (or talk) my messages.

First, click on the name of the person you want to message.  The above message area will come up.  Then you just touch your finger in the space where you type and hold it there until you are done speaking your message.  Wait a minute and you can tap on the message to listen to it.  Try it, it's fun.

While perusing the web, I found this article on painted stones and the garden.  You must admit it does look very interesting, and fun.


I wonder if one painted a lot of rocks to look like tomatoes and placed them around the tomato plant, if this would discourage the critters from eating the tomatoes once they are big enough to pick.  Hmmm, food for thought.

Here's another rather intersting idea that I borrowed from the web.  Personally, I'd rather have my dog on the sofa with me, but some dogs might enjoy having a little sofa of their own.  


Today I'm tired, probably because sleep was patchy during the night.  So, I think I'm going to have me a nap when I finish this post.  I feel another lazy day happening here today.  Ah well, Pogo already went back to sleep so I guess I should too.

On that note, I'm off to catch a few winks.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh, what a super idea of those rocks painted like fruit. It surely could help to avoid birds pick all your fruit.

I love that sofa with attached dog-bed LOL.

It's good to take a nap every now and then, specially when at night you cannot sleep a lot, or in short periods.
I did a few times when I didn;t sleep well nights and felt tired, after dinner I took about an hour around 6.30 or 7.00 p.m. and it did me well.

So you take that nap, together with Pogo and you will feel better.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I'm surprised the birds can't tell the difference between a painted rock and a real berry!

Olga would never want to stay on her armrest/dog-bed when she could be on the sofa with us. It's a cool idea but I suspect it doesn't work all that well!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The idea about rocks painted like strawberries sounds intriguing, but ones to paint like tomatoes might be more challenging, Edna. I have never seen a doggie sofa but then there is something for everyone's preferences and their pets as well. ENjoy the nap as it's a nice day for doing that.