Thursday, August 27, 2020

TV Ads Are Getting Wonky

August 27, 2020

Good morning.  Pogo and I are up early this morning.  We've finished our breakfast and now the little prince is in his tiny house snoozing away.   He prances and hops and barks until he has me awake and on my feet, headed for the kitchen to make breakfast.  Then, once his little belly is full, he tootles off to his little house and has himself a nice nap.  You gotta love him.

Yesterday was a super day, followed by a quiet evening.  I crocheted a little bit, then it was snooze time for me.  My phone app tells me that it will rain most of today with temps at sixty degrees or cooler.  Oh wow, Fall is moving in so quickly.  When do we get a nice patch of sunny days with temps in the seventies?  Seems I've been waiting all summer for it.

A reader asks me about my favorite iced coffee.  I like the regular Iced coffee with cream and one sugar (from McDonalds).  I used to drink Dunkin Donuts coffee, but this coffee tastes so much better.  And it's cheaper too!

Last night, while watching TV, I saw another really bright?? commercial.  This one was for a company that comes out to replace your car's windshield.  It said "Just leave your keys on the dash, we'll take care of the rest."  Now be honest, doesn't this sound a bit wonky to you?  Who in their right mind is going to leave their car keys on the dash and the car doors unlocked?  It's an invitation for your car to be stolen.  DUH!

Enough of the dumb stuff.  Let's all pray for the safety of the folks and animals in the Louisiana/Texas part of the country.  Hurricane Laura hit land as a category 4 hurricane.  According to the TV, it was almost a category 5.  

I'll have to watch the Weather channel to see what's happening with hurricane (or is it tropical storm?} Marco.  That one was heading for Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia last I heard.  Let's pray for the safety of all the folks and animals in the path of this storm too.  

You know, growing up we never had this many storms and catastrophes.  Nowadays a day without one or more devastating storms is unusual.  Our planet is changing.  On that note, I'm off to keep an eye on the weather news.

So till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Enjoy that beautiful weather! We are still under heat advisory here in SW Florida, yesterday's real feel temp was 108 - sigh. I can't wait for it to cool down a bit. Have a great day :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't think we should leave our keys in the car either! How weird. Hope the storm is not as bad as they predicted but so far the winds have done a lot of damage to the coast. Take care and have a good day!

smiekeltje said...

Oh, I forgot to post it with my account, the comment and left your blog, and now my comment is gone.

we've heard here too about the hurricanes and I really hope folks will stay safe, because the force of nature can be really destroying.

Pogo know his way around to get your attention, isn't it? But as you say, he is such a sweet little guy, you can forgive him everything.

I never thought about your way of drinking coffee, you know. Yeah, I know you like iced coffee too, but you drink that with cream and a bit of sugar. Okay, but how about your regular coffee you make yourself. Do you drink that black or sometimes too with some cream or milk?? I like to drink sometimes a cappuccino, and at home I drink my coffee with milk/cream and sugar.

Well, I wish you a wonderful day again,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

You're right -- the storms are more frequent and more severe.

Barbara said...

Earlier today I heard that same TV commercial and wondered, like you, who in their right mind would leave their keys on the dash, etc?

You must live in a delightful part of the country since you are getting autumn weather already. I envy you, but I'm not wanting to move again. It's just too much work!

Blessings to you. And Pogo. He sounds like a cute companion.

Theresa said...

I watched a lot of the weather yesterday and while it was bad, it wasn’t as bad as predicted. I often wish for a home on the coast but I don’t think I could handle the threat of storms and the devastation that often comes along with them. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs