Sunday, August 16, 2020

Only 76 Days Till It's Time To Ride

August 16, 2020

Good morning.  At the moment, it is cloudy and cool (66F degrees) and looks like it might rain.  My phone app says it should be raining on and off all day and night.  Well, we can use the rain.  

I did some research on that double seater broom that I mentioned earlier.  Wow, these new brooms are something else!  I found the instructions for making one, but it only had one seat.  I would have to have a second seat and a little padded bucket attached.  Hmmm, I'll have to check around for a reliable broom maker.  Here's a picture of a new broom.

Is this spiffy?  Or is this spiffy!  I'd want a Hyundaii logo on the front of my broom, not the BMW one shown in the picture.  The addition of the cushioned seat sure will make sitting on the broom a lot more comfortable.  Gosh, I think I'm getting excited about that ride now!

I finally got back to my crocheting last evening.  I hope to have my two smaller projects finished by tomorrow.  Then it's on to finishing the purple poncho next.  So much to do, so little time.  On top of that, the thumb drive that I keep all my working files on got filled up this past Friday.  So I went online and ordered a new portable hard drive to hold all these files.  

My new portable hard drive came today just a few minutes ago.  So that will be my project for today.  Moving all my files over.  This new drive holds two TB, so it should last me quite a while.  Once all my files have been moved, it will be time to get serious about working on my Christmas cards and my new calendar.  Time waits for no old woman!

Here's a message I hope everyone heeds.  (image borrowed from web)

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before starting today's project.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Martha said...

We will have rain here on and off all day to. I absolutely love the broom and I would put a Hyundai logo on it too. I love my little old Hyundai (She is 12 years old, her name is Zippy and she has hot pink wheels lol). Enjoy your Sunday :)

smiekeltje said...

You;ll find a good broom maker!!!LOL.

It's just not the weather to do a lot of knitting or chrocheting. We'll have to wait till it gets a bit cooler.
I should buy me a decent thumb drive too to hold some of the files of my laptop. I have no idea what capacity those have and how much they cost. Any idea???

Good picture you borrowed from the web. There are too many poor pets left alone on the street, cats and dogs and probably some other ones too.

I just did a bit of ironing, it was god to do(read: needed), but it is too hot to do it a longer time!

Have a great time today,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

That's quite a snazzy broom! I do love the hood ornament!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I'm not sure I would like to fly on any of those brooms, Edna, even one with a padded seat! I am all about more comfort myself. Backing up to an external drive is a great idea and something I do monthly. I also back up photos and documents to separate drives as a secondary backup. it does take a bit of work, but well worth the effort in the long run as it is better to be safe than sorry.

Theresa said...

When you get that two-seater broom ready, pick me up:) So happy that you got busy on your projects. It feels good to get things accomplished. I really need an external hard drive too. Perhaps that would be something I can order today:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!