Monday, August 24, 2020

Phone Fun

 August 24, 2020

Good morning.  It's a little cloudy at the moment, but my phone app says that the sun will soon come out and temps will rise to around ninety degrees.  There's only a month of summer left folks.  How did we ever get this close to winter so quickly!

There's not much happening around here.  I spent a couple hours yesterday paying bills, and then I started playing with my new phone again.  There's so much to learn and it's not all in the "Dummies" book.  Like for instance, I was sending a text message and noticed a funny little icon.  

After I sent the message, I got brave and touched the little icon.  I don't usually touch things that I'm not familiar with.  However, I discovered that this little icon would allow me to send messages by just speaking.  Woo Hoo!  I sent voice messages to my girls and couldn't stop grinning.  What fun!!

I listened to the playback and thought that I sounded like a chipmunk sized elf, but Deanne assures me that's not so.  I always sound like this.  ??????????   I think I'm going to have some fun with this phone. 

I have some dishes in the sink that need to be washed, so that will be my first chore this morning.  After that, I think I'll work on the purple poncho for a while.  I also need to get busy working on my new Christmas card.  I get slower and slower each year, so I need plenty of time to do things.

I found this image on the web and borrowed it to share with you.  It is ever so important.  

You know, it's taken me more than sixty seven years to find my cousins, but we're all at the age now where we're all "going home" one after another.  I call my cousin Anita almost every day.  It feels so good to hear her voice, and we have so much to catch up on.  

Here's another image that I borrowed from the web.  It makes me wonder what all the chaos is really about.  This describes so many of our families and circles of friends.

Well, enough of serious.  I want to do a bit of blog reading before I start on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I love your approach to learning on the phone -- trying something out to see what it does. Books are great, but sometimes "learn by doing" is the best way! That's what we're doing at school to figure out how to manage students in this very bizarre school year -- we're learning and trying new things as we go.

smiekeltje said...

It;s always weird to hear your own voice, it seems to sound different from the way you think, but the ones that listen to your voice by voice text or on tape or whatever don;t hear you different. Funny!!

So you discover every day something new on your hone, and that's fun.

I am getting slower too, and have to be aware of it LOL.

Now time to do a bit of surfing on the net or so and then sit on the couch watching some nice programs.
(Did some of the tasks on my list already, so I am happy with me)

Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You are braver with the phone than I am. My daughter dictates her messages also...maybe it's an i-phone thing. I didn't see anything like that on my phone.

My Tata's Cottage said...

You crack me up! You are such a brave one! I am not sure I want to hear my voice. I think I crackle. hahahaha!
We still have the terrible heat. 97 today! Whewwwwww too hot for me to handle. I stay indoors so that is why I don't get so riled up about being at home. It is my happy place. :-)
We were hoping to put Hannah's pool but. But the hubby says if we do the luck we have the snow will fall in September. HaHaHa! Yep! That would be us.
STay safe, be cool and enjoy the new week.
HUGS across the miles XO

Theresa said...

Oh you should hear my COUNTRY voice:) It would make you laugh out loud! We have RAIN again today, it is pounding outside right now. The temps are a little cooler but will heat back up when the rain stops. Enjoy your day with your new toy! HUGS!

Robyn said...

Morning Edna!
I hope you're enjoying your new phone and yes there is a lot to learn, sometimes I think things in this world are just too complicated.. If you get stuck or want to learn things that may not be in the book you bought just go to YouTube and in the search bar up top put in the make of your phone and a whole bunch of videos will pop up that people have made talking about the phone and all it's features... I"m glad you're able to catch up with your cousin every day. Family connection is important. God made us that way.. I know it's tuesday and I'm behind on posts. I hope you're having a good morning today!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, indeed, WHAT is all the fuss about? I especially liked that last poster, Edna. My family consists of nieces adopted from Guatemala and Columbia, former son-in-law from the Dominican Republic and another from Brazil. My grandparents were all from Italy and other relatives from Poland.