Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Cool Wind In My Hair

 August 12, 2020

Good morning.  Well, let me tell you about my quirky useless phone weather app.  For once it was right!  It not only rained yesterday afternoon, but we had a great little thunder storm for about an hour.  The puddles were forming all over the yard.  I made a little video of one of the puddles.  The sound of the rain splashing in it is so soothing it could put you to sleep.

Pogo and I stood out on the porch for quite a while enjoying the storm.  Pogo loves to bark at the thunder.  All my plants were sighing with delight.  They so enjoyed the wonderful drink of rainwater.

After supper last evening, I called my cousin Anita and we talked for hours again.  It felt so good.  She is very crafty just like me.  She sews, knits crochets and everything else she can get her hands on.  She makes lots of things and gives them all away.  

One thing we don't have in common is the smart phone and cameras.  Neither of us can do any travelling so we'll use the video calls (and my Portal) for visits.  Time is precious, we'll work it out.  

Yesterday, the mailman brought me a card from a new blogger friend.  This is such fun.  I have to say, my December is turning out to be a most wonderful part of my life.  Who knew?

Here's a photo of a super new tee shirt that I found on the web.  I love it!   I can almost feel the cool breeze blowing through my hair.  

It will be that time of year again soon when all my friends get together for the annual Halloween ride.  I wonder if many of them will be able to go on this ride.  Pogo and I probably won't be able to go with them.  Of course, things could change.  We'll know better when we get closer to the date.

That's about all my news for today.  Now I'm going to watch some Law & Order C.I. and Blue Bloods.  I just love all these re-runs.  The television can be great company when all the programs are your favorites.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

That rain sounds wonderful. We could sure use some here. I'm jealous!

LV said...

It has been months since we have seen rain. Nothing coming either. Yards and plants all dying.

Susie said...

Edna, With the price of dish ,we watch plenty of re-runs and infomercials. Hate it. LOL We do watch the Waltons , which we like. I love your cute t-shirt. You sure had some rain. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Steve Reed said...

Edna, you asked how to link to a specific post. On your blog, if you go to the bottom of any post, you'll see the time you posted it highlighted (like 10:08:00 a.m., to use today's example). Click on that time, and you'll be taken to a separate page showing that post by itself. Copy the URL of that page, and insert it in a link, and voila! Does that make sense?

smiekeltje said...

Oh, that rain sounds good!!! May be, just may be, there will come some to us tonight, but that isn;t sure yet. We really could do with some, it will certainly refresh the air.

Told you that you would spend more time with your cousin! And it is a wonderful time spending. Keep on with it.
Love that T-shirt. There are so many real funny ones.
And about your ride on Halloween. Perhaps Eddie could make youu a special broom, and even with two seats and a little basket(for Pogo, that last will be) and then perhaps somebody else could do the "driving-fluing"(what about Deanne??????) and you could be on the backseat.
I even have a link for you where you can find the building instructions and photos for it.
Please do take a look there, it will make you smile.
https://www.katfromthehat.com/witches-broom-for-seniors/
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

P.s. Do you, or anybody,know how to make a link here in the comment box????? Perhaps Steve??????

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Always enjoyed a good rainstorm myself, Edna, as long as there are no damages brought by it. We used to sit on the front porch of our former VA home during summer rainstorms.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Gene and I watch "Heartland" since March. 13 seasons. All about a horse family in Canada and their lives. No bad language and great acting and storyline. Your friends may enjoy it. I think we watched it on Amazon Prime but local libraries may have it. Be sure to start at the beginning.