Monday, August 10, 2020

Today Is National Lazy Day

August 10, 2020

Good morning.  Well, we're in another heat wave here in New England.  I'm wondering where all that rain went that my phone app said we were going to be getting.   Did you know that today is National Lazy Day?  (according to the TV)  Gosh, I've been celebrating that day all year!

Today my regular mail man should be back from vacation.  It's going to be good to have him back.  The substitute mail carriers did not bring the mail to my porch (even after I had asked them to) and they never brought the mail till after four or five in the afternoon, sometimes as late as six o'clock.  

I've been neglecting my crocheting because of the heat.  My hands sometimes feel sticky against the yarn and the crochet hook.  So, I put the project down.  The heat makes breathing more difficult too.  The less I do, the better I breathe.  I have a lot to catch up when the temps cool down.

I did. however, pick up a couple new crochet patterns.  I'll resize the photos of them and post them here tomorrow.  Today I have photos of a couple of the birds in my yard.  First, there's a robin, and next there is the red breasted woodpecker.


There's not a lot happening today so I'm off now to do some blog reading.  The mail has just come so I'll get that first, then it's off to Blogland.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful woodpecker! Stay cool! Do you have air conditioning? (I hope!)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Love seeing your birdies :)
Yes, a little too warm to be handling the needles, but inside A/C is just right.
Hugs,
~Jo

Anne said...

Beautiful birds. Those woodpeckers are so noisy but sure fun to watch. I saw that it was also National S'mores Day and all sorts of fun things. I love to visit Mimi at mimismeanderings because she shares so much goodness and is a kind heart and very talented too.
The heat is taking a mini break here today. Tomorrow the temps go back to the high 90's ugh ugh ugh!
I hope you are taking it easy. I did buy a an Artic Freeze neck ice pack I can not use it on my neck very long but it feels so good to get a quick cool down. Popsicles too. Take care my friend. HUGS xo

smiekeltje said...

Lov to have National Lazy Day LOL(I am celebrating that day more than once in the year LOL)

Try to stay cool, although that will be difficult. Here too we have very hot weather. Not great to be outside now.

Fantastic you will have your öwn"mailman back again. So much nicer, isn;t it?

Good I am off to turn on the washing machine and than make stuffed peppers with some minced meat for this evening.

Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra