Sunday, August 30, 2020

Happy Belated Birthday, Kevin

 August 30, 2020

Good morning.  Today will be sunny and in the seventies all day.  Actually, it should stay in the seventies for the next few days.  Perfect weather.

Friday was my grandson Kevin's birthday.  He's 23 now, and only two years of school left to become a full fledged electrician.  That takes five years.  We are so proud of you Kevin.  I love you and I hope your special day was awesome.  Here's the layout that Deanne put together.  


When Deanne was here a few days ago, we placed small grocery orders at two different places online hoping to get some of the items that are usually out of stock (when I order).  Friday afternoon, the first order came from Amazon.  Awesome, now I have some paper towels.  

Yesterday, the order from Target arrived.  Super!  Now I have tissues, more coffee and my favorite macaroni and cheese.  It's a bit different from the way I used to shop, but if it works, then so be it. Next, I will order my spring water.  I like to keep a few cases on hand, but I'm on my last case now.

My flowers aren't doing so good lately, but Deanne's are still blooming.  Here's one of her gorgeous blossoms after the rain.
 

I've been crocheting a few rows every now and then.  Trying to get my current projects finished.  It will take a while, but I'll get it done.  I'm also working on getting my holiday boxes ready.  Looks like I still have a bit of shopping to do.  

It's going to take me a while to make my Christmas card because I'm still having problems finding my way around in this Photoshop CC.  Just changing colors is a challenge.  I haven't found the color tool yet.  sighhhhh.....Sadly, my last version of Photoshop wasn't broken, so I wonder why they changed it so drastically....money?

I may have to check out Photoshop Elements to see if that's been changed too.  I have a "Dummies" book for this new Photoshop, but I don't know what they are calling the paint color tool, so I don't know how to look it up.  I spent an hour this morning trying.  It's really sad when the "Dummies" book is too difficult for you to understand!

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Happy birthday to grandson Kevin! Alas, I am not very skilled with Photoshop so I can't offer any tips there -- hope you get it sorted out!

smiekeltje said...

I ffound this for you for the Photoshop CC
If it doesn;t help, I can look further for you if you like.

Where is the color replacement tool in Photoshop CC?
The Color Replacement tool can be found under the flyout menu of the Brush Tool in the Tools panel (for PhotoshopCS - CS2 users, you'll find it in the flyout menu of the Healing Brush). Simply right-click (Control-click) on the Brush Tool to select the Color Replacement Tool. Alternatively, press B to select brushes.

Oh, also from me belated Birthdaywishes for Kevin! Just a bit more and he will be full learned electricien, wow. With such a profession I think you always will be able to earn your money!
Good luck for him for the last two years!!

I had to smile reading you do every day a few rows on your projects. Sounds just like me at the moment.
And now I should look into the cupboard where I put the Christmas presents on hold. I have no idea anymore what and howmuch I already have. Exciting!

By the way; if the new Photoshop is too complicated to get around, may be you should try the Elements. It is all a bit less professional, but normally quite good enough for good results.

Have a wonderful day, (sounds you have better weather at the moment than we)
Hugs
Kyra

Terra said...

Happy birthday to your grandson and I congratulate him on studying to become an electrician, an essential job to keep the country running. That is a pretty red rose, I just planted a red rose called Crush on You.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope your grandson, Kevin, had a very happy birthday. My late father was also an electrician. I can't provide any assistance on where the color tool is in Photoshop as I have never used it, but you will most likely get help from other bloggers, and smiekeltje has already given assistance.