Sunday, August 23, 2020

Oldies But Goodies

 August 23, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny with temps at seventy seven degrees.  Soon, though, the temps will climb up into the upper eighties.  Still, it's a beautiful day.

Well, I finally was able to clean out my old phone and put it back to factory reset.  I then gave it, and a battery replacement kit, to my SIL Eddie.  He and Deanne spent all afternoon yesterday getting the phone set up for him and he still cannot use it to make phone calls.  This happened the last time I gave him my phone.  Verizon doesn't like to let go.  

Today I will call Verizon and find out why they won't release the phone.  It's been paid off for a couple years now so there should be no problem.  I just don't understand these things.  When you pay a lot of money for something (or even only a small amount), and you pay it off, it should belong to no one but you.  

As for the new phone, so far we are getting along okay.  There's still a lot that I need to learn, but I'm getting there.  I mostly just use the phone for placing grocery orders, ordering from Amazon, text messages, calls, listening to music, taking photographs and Facebook.   I know it does lots more, but I'm not interested. 

Today I have an oldie photo to share.  This photo was taken in the early 90's, when my daughter Deanne, myself and two friends completed our training classes and became licensed CNA's.  The four of us were nicknamed the "The Dream Team" by the nursing facility where we did our clinical training.  I'm the second one in from the left, and Deanne is the one on the right end.

The little dog is my baby, Gizmo.  (She was a tiny poodle) We had brought her with us to the celebration and she wanted to be in the photo too.  

I have another golden oldie to share today.  This one is a photo of my hubby getting ready to take Gonzo and Gizmo outdoors to go potty.  It's very cold outside, but the babies are  dressed nice and warm.  (photo was taken around the mid 90's)

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B. 

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What lovely photos from the "oldies"section!!

Hmmm, I don;t know why Eddie cannot make phonecalls and all the other things go well. Probably sort of company policy, that nobody understands???

Quiet day here, I looked a bit into phones(I will have to get me another one of these days), I don;t need an expensive one, so I am looking around on the net and certainly will find one that isn;t too expensive, and that will do the things I need, which isn;t much, LOL.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are absolutely right in what you said in this post that Verizon should else the phone and let someone else be able to use it. Hopefully, this will get resolved. We were long-time Verizon customers but now use Xfinity Mobile, which is way less expensive and used Verizon cell towers, works well for us. Enjoyed seeing the Dream team photo.

Martha said...

Glad all is working out well for you with the new phone. Great photos! Have a great Sunday :)

Theresa said...

SO happy that you got your phone all set up. I use my phone for lots of things, orders, making calls to get help with various items etc. Lately I have been getting lots of spam texts. Not to me personally and not so nice sometimes. They are annoying and I have figured out how to report them as spam to AT&T. Anyway I am happy you are up and running with your new phone and hope you get Eddie's straightened out! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Suemn said...

Thanks for sharing your photos!

The Queen Jester said...

Somehow I knew you'd be the one holding a dog!