Tuesday, August 11, 2020

After All These Years

 August 11, 2020

Good morning.  Tis another hot one today.  Pogo and I are staying right here indoors with the A/C.  I just took a snapshot of my phone app so that you could see that I'm really not as dotty as I sound.  My phone app is the dotty one.  Here's what my phone app says today.

Just so you know, the sun is shining and it's quite lovely outside.  In a little while, Pogo and I will go out on the porch for a bit.  It gets hot quickly so we won't be out there very long.  

Yesterday was quite the day.  In early afternoon, DIL Janet called me to say that my stepson Scott's mother passed away around one p.m.  No, not Covid.  She's been ill for quite a long time.  The family is deciding what arrangements can be made.  

I got another phone call mid afternoon from guess who????? Yup, the cousin Anita that I had been trying to reach was returning my phone call.  We last saw each other when I was just a little girl.  She's 83 now.  It was so good to hear from her.  We talked for what seemed hours.  There's just so much to catch up on.  Anita is one of my cousin Barbara's sisters.  Soon I hope to catch up with all the siblings.  I think there were seven or eight of them in all.

While I was on the phone talking with Anita, Deanne and Eddie stopped by and brought me a strawberry sundae from Dairy Queen.  I put it in the freezer and had it for dessert after supper.  Oh my, talk about DELICIOUS!  Thank you kids, this really made my day!

That's my news for today.  I did promise to show you a couple of the new crochet patterns that I recently got.  There's a sweet baby set and a cozy shrug.


Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Steve Reed said...

We're having similarly confusing weather! It was supposed to be sunny all day today, and then we heard a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms beginning at 3 p.m. That 50 percent eventually dropped to 10 percent, and as it turns out, it stayed sunny and never rained at all!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have been wondering if this is New England myself, the past few days with this crazy heat wave, Edna. I missed that Lazy Day on Monday but then I didn't do any laundry or house chores so I did have an easy day. Stay cool.

Theresa said...

My weather app does the same thing:) SO sorry to hear about the loss of Scott's Mother:( Prayers for that family! It is wonderful that you received a call from Anita! Keep your umbrella handy, that's what I do:) Have a blessed evening dear friend! HUGS

LV said...

You would never survive in Texas. We are burning up in way over 100 degree temperatures for months and no relief in sight.You do excellent crochet work. The ladies shrug is very pretty.

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of Scott's mother. If she was ill for longer time, it could be a blessing for her. sounds perhaps weird, but being ill for long time can also come with pain and then sometimes it is okay to pass away.

What a happy news about your cousin Anita and that you had such a looong talk. When will be the next one???? LOL.

Good idea from Deanne and Eddie to bring you that treat, it is just the weather for it.
Here still very warm, there were some rain and thunderstorms yesterday, but in a complete othe part of the country, we didnt get any rain. May be this evening, but that;s also not sure.

enjoy the cooler time on the proch, it makes you feel good.
Hugs
Kyra